Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

rubicon trail california

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Christmas Cookie 
#1 ·
Any body ever head out west to the rubicon trail in california? My jeeps leaving tommorow and i fly out next week to meet it there. Gonna be in the lake tahoe area for two weeks anything else cool to do while im there???

#8 ·
we rented cabins for all but two nights that will be camping.Ive had a few people tell me about cold temps at night. And the laws/rules seem pretty shitty in more ways than one. But 14 jeeps left on two semis thursday night so theres really no turning back now.:bdr2:

#10 ·
2 most important rules back in 2009 when I was there:

- you can only go 25ft off the trail on either side...even for camping

- pack it in, pack it out. this includes your poop

on the CA side, county sheriffs patrol it because it is still technically a county road (in Jeep Rubicons, of course).

and any friends of the rubicon or actual pirate 4x4 members (not forum members) will set you straight if they see you doing something you shouldn't

#12 ·
2 most important rules back in 2009 when I was there:

- you can only go 25ft off the trail on either side...even for camping

- pack it in, pack it out. this includes your poop
on the CA side, county sheriffs patrol it because it is still technically a county road (in Jeep Rubicons, of course).

and any friends of the rubicon or actual pirate 4x4 members (not forum members) will set you straight if they see you doing something you shouldn't
I hate this rule and I NEVER follow it...EVER

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.