Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

The camp fix-a-lot crew travels to Moab

15K views 134 replies 54 participants last post by  alboy79 
#1 ·
Well, there's 4 of us out here in Moab. Tab, Paulburley, Tweak and me. Headed out Thursday night.

Heading through Denver we had our first carnage.

Saturday was the trip through Colorado and we were fortunate to have beautiful weather. Especially since the pass was closed yesterday.:sonicjay:

Yesterday was our first day on the trails so we headed for Hell's Revenge. Here's Paul on Hell's Gate.

Poser shot above the Colorado River.

Stickies seem to work nice.:thumb:

Then Tab tried to get Kristie to roll on Escalator.

I found the point where I start to lose oil pressure.

Awesome scenery everywhere.

See less See more
#117 ·
AWSOME!!!!! VIDEO ROB.
Definately want to take the cherokee out there but I need to put a cage in for sure ......cause I know I would not be as graceful as anyone in that video....especially Tab's wife:sonicjay:
Thanks Dan!

A cage is a must! There are lots of scenarios where roll overs are possible (and multi-rolls for that). We were all very cautious, but it can still easily happen.

I am going to need to put my D44's in soon. The AMC20 did well, but I think that the housing is toast (fluid leaking from passanger side between diff and the tubes). :(

#127 ·
Scenery pics....
Top of Prichett Canyon

2 sunset views taken in opposite directions, first, away from the sun

and then into the sun

Lunch stop in Prichett Canyon

rocks

Heading in to Pritchett Canyon

Somewhere on Metal Masher

Exiting Metal Masher

Looks like a face

Cactus (not sure how much people like pics of plants, my wife took a bunch)

#130 ·
Great pics Jim, i am brought back to 2007 when my kids and I spent a week out west, we hit some trails in Cali, Arizona, Nevada, and of course Moab. Damn do I want to go back, but all in due time I suppose, need the TJ done first.....

Once again, thanks for the sharing, and for the memories brought back to life.:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.