Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Vintage 4x4 pics

49K views 167 replies 96 participants last post by  Mich Trailblazer 
#1 ·
This could either totally fail or actually be decent. I found a few old pics of my dad and his friends. Decided to try out the new scanner I bought and then thought it would be cool to share old 4x4 pics. I'm sure I have some others but I need to find them.
My dad and his friends wheeling in what I believe to be the blizzard of '78.

I think my uncle trying to shovel my dad out of the blizzard of '82.

I'm assuming this is my dad's Jeepster, before and sort of after.

Anyone want to add?

See less See more
#90 ·
Sweet pics. Its nice to see how a simple lift, some big tires and maybe a bigger motor can get you so far and how much fun you can have. No a days everything has to be so complicated and hi-tech. A build thread back then would of been 1 pg at most!!!! :sonicjay:

#108 ·
And here's a couple obstacle courses from Zilwaukee. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the event but it was at where the Zilwaukee Bridge now stands.

And finally, for Liv2mx, Jeepbratte and all the other nay sayers, YES, I DID COMPETE. Once.:sonicjay:

The obstacle course events that were held in Zilwaukee were called "TOR", or Truck on Regardless. Watched a chick flip her boyfriends EB, climb out the window, and run the rest of the course for a second place finish. Good times. Those events were right in my back yard, and dad loved to watch ******** in action.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.