Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

New Member from Dorr/Grand Rapids MI

986 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  vanwyk4257 
#1 ·
I've been lurking for a while but decided to join after speaking with a couple of members yesterday.
I just purchased a 1994 YJ wrangler that I'm doing a mild build for expedition/camping/hunting and some general four wheeling use.
It's a 2.5/5speed but a V8 swap is in the future.
For now I have a member here building some custom front and rear bumpers with the front set up for a winch and 3/4" d-rings and the rear with a 2" receiver and 3/4" d-rings, so I'll have plenty of recovery points.
I also plan to install TJ flares and probably an OME 2.5" lift so I can run some 31" BFG Mud Terrain KM2's and have plenty of clearance.
I just finished painting a hardtop that will go on for most use and I plan on building a custom cargo platform in the back to replace the rear seat.
I'll start taking some pictures and start a build thread in the next week or so.
I can't wait to get to know more of you and hopefully be out wheeling soon!:brilliant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.