Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Roller rocker issues 351W need advice

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  frdboy 
#1 ·
So I've read how to adjust them and everything and understand that, and also how to measure for Pushrod length and check the pattern on the valve stem. So here's where I'm confused, I used a stock length edelbrock push rod with my E303 cam and 1.72 RR's I got a pretty thin pattern on the stem and it's centered but my roller rockers aren't sitting down on the stud very far at all it's Probably only threaded on a 1/4" I think this may cause problems. Here's some pics to help you see what I'm talking about.

Heads are 185ccAFR's stock as far as i know i bought them used from a friend, Im going to call him tonight and see if he has changed anything on them.
Should i try different length pushrods and try and get them to sit down lower?
Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
^^^ what he said. General rule- the taller the lift on the cam, the shorter the pushrod. Maybe he can get you a ball-park length of what he measured out to...

#10 ·
Okay so went and got some more pics.
Without pushrod rocker sits down all the way.

Overall shots with both stock length pushrods.

Now with the pushrod checker on the intake and stock on the exhaust, this is as short a pushrod as I could run without clearance issues but the pattern sucks, I'm gonna call AFR tmrw and then ARP and see if I can get some longer studs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.