Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Louisville game yesterday, Kevin Ware breaks leg..

3K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  DuffMan 
#1 ·

That was the reaction from the bench.

It was the most sick thing I've ever seen aired on tv. Of course they showed the slow motion replay twice before someone thought it was probably not a good idea to continue doing so.

Link to video:

See less See more
1 1
#8 ·
We were watching this game when it happened. IMO, by far the worst sports related leg break evar! Half of the family didn't catch it at first as they were in another room. I told them, wait five minutes and it will be on YouTube. I was off by a little bit - it was 10 minutes.

#30 ·
You would be surprised. Looks worse, because its compound, but nasty leg breaks have happened to a lot of people, and they come back. Michael Bush in the NFL did almost the same thing, and he's in the NFL now. (He was tweeting to the guy, since it was a similar injury and they both played for Louisville). Plates and screws are pretty commonplace.
My brother had the same.thing happen last year doing motocross. Only.his did not.pop out, but they had to cut out a significant amount of damaged muscle tissue. If he wants to continue doing motocross, they said he should.have the plates and screws removed once its healed. It will all.depend on how his muscles are, the bone is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. Given the time off it, he will fall behind the other players in conditioning...

#38 ·
My brother had the same.thing happen last year doing motocross. Only.his did not.pop out, but they had to cut out a significant amount of damaged muscle tissue. If he wants to continue doing motocross, they said he should.have the plates and screws removed once its healed. It will all.depend on how his muscles are, the bone is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. Given the time off it, he will fall behind the other players in conditioning...
Your brother is not likely as well conditioned as this particular athlete is.

Your brother doesn't have a full time training staff tending to his every need on a daily basis including strength and conditioning coaches, physical therapists, etc.

Your brother not only started behind this lad, but likely will not receive the same care during his recovery as kevin ware will.

There is no doubt his skills will diminish and he will need to get back up to speed as he recovers, but I don't think people realize what kind of athlete or what kind of talent you need to have to play an NCAA sport at this level.....

I don't know the exact numbers, but for arguments sake let's just figure you have 100 male students in a high school graduating class. Less than 1% of them will go and play a college sport, less than that will play at a D-1 school like Louisville (who typically is a top 25 Basketball team, meaning all 10-12 guys on their team are probably all top 150 athletes of ALL graduating high school seniors in their specific sport nationwide).....

The atheleticism, training, medical care, physical therapy, etc. he will receive makes it near impossible to compare to an injury you or I would have and our ability to recover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.