Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

"Boring to Badass" JK Built in 3 days !!!!

16K views 134 replies 36 participants last post by  crazygrady127 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, the blue JK is done. Time for something else. We are starting with a 2008 4-door JK Unlimited...bone-stock.

Mods:
  • Edelbrock Supercharged GM LSx 6.2 to over 750 HP (thanks Robbie At MoTech)
  • 6L80 auto transmission
  • 4-speed Atlas transfer case
  • Tom Woods driveshafts
  • Custom exhaust
  • Metalcloak 3.5" lift
  • High-pinion Dana 60s (built here at RockSolid Performance)
  • Yukon 4340 axles, super joints and ring & pinions
  • 37s
  • PSC hydraulic assist steering
  • Metalcloak armor
  • Metalcloak bumpers
  • OffRoad Heros Fastback top
  • Warn Winch

We are starting the build on Mar 23.

We'd like to give special thanks to:
  • Robbie at MoTech, who specializes in GM LS engine swap kits, brackets, etc.
  • Metalcloak for providing...well...a TON of high-quality JK parts for this build.
  • PSC for a blingy hydraulic-assist steering set-up
  • Edelbrock for an incredibly powerful, supercharged engine!
  • John Shoemacher (sp?) for providing specs to recreate this beautiful custom exhaust set-up for a turn-key install.
  • Lane Automotive/Motor State for a variety of small parts

EDIT:
Day 2 of the build is under way! Photos/video to come later this morning...

See less See more
#114 ·
Alright, here’s the scoop. We finished the Jeep at 8 p.m. on March 25th (The third day of the build). We did do a burn out, but it was very unimpressive. The motor was running WAY rich. This Jeep is not a customer rig, and is considered a “side project”. Monday morning, it was back to business building axles for customers (I was already a little behind before the weekend). We called Robbie at MoTech later in the week. He told us that we were sent the wrong tune from Edelbrock. It would run well when it was real cold, but as soon as it warmed up, it sucked.
Robbie at MoTech has been the biggest help ever. This guy has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to engine tunes and wiring. He spent a lot of time getting to the bottom of this issue. Recently, we purchased EFI Live and decided that we are going to change this jeep to an EFI live tune, and not use the HP tuners that came with it. We again will be calling Robbie for some assistance. I would like to thank Robbie again at MoTech for helping us out so much. I can’t wait to build another one with his kit.
Visit RockSolid Performance to see the burnout.

#134 ·
wow..that isn't no hemi in that. i heard it was sick but that is some motor!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.