Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

I'm now dating Mavis Beacon ... God help me I might get an office job. Help!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Trendsetter 
#1 · (Edited)
I hope I'm getting a new job, so I no longer type with two fingers. You're looking at the new parts administrator.
Out of the plant and into the office. I get to spend my money on grammar, business writing, spelling and typing programs, as well as books. Not Jeep parts. Mavis and I have been dating for about 5 days. I believe it will be for the best in the end. Please do not critique my style yet I'm a newbie. Some advise from other office workers would do me a world of good though. Have any of you come from a less academic background and successfully transitioned into a office environment? Dam I still can't find the ? button. How did you do it and how rough was it?

Thanks

Bear

#4 ·
haha, not trying to kick you when you are down, but had no idea what the hell you were trying to say.

So you have been practicing your typing for an up and coming switch to an office job?

What did you do before?

Office jobs are not about education, they are about organization, communication, and dealing with people. Just like any other job. The only other difference becomes the requirement to stop cussing like a sailor.

#5 ·
I owned a Dairy Queen for 16 years. Before that I was a mechanic, auto and marine. For the past two years I have been a test technician for yacht building co. When the yachts are manufactured I get to make sure all systems work correctly.

Bear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.