Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

You don't need to take responsibility for yourself

3K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 ·
See less See more
#15 ·
And all this time I thought I was fat because I shoved too much food in my mouth and didn't get enough exercise.

#45 ·
one of my favorite simpsons episodes.

#21 ·
Its not just the amount of food we are eating, it is the quality too. The nations food supply is killing us all slowly. Buy local, buy organic when possible. Anyway, I will let Kickstand and WakeBabe take it from here.

#22 ·
I spoke to my wife about this last night. Apparently treatment options will still remain the same as they have been. Diet/exercise plans, medication, and sometimes surgery. She says the classification as a disease is just so insurance can cover more of it.

We both said that can either be good or bad, because with the way our insurance system works it will either cost less or cost more. If someone stays obese for their lives, their medical costs that insurance does cover will easily outweigh what the preventative costs would have been. It's a sad reality people can't just figure it out themselves, but this new classification may cause people to get action due to insurance coverage that may not have before.

Either way, to me it's nothing more than passing the buck. It's another reason and excuse for fat fucks to use that basically says it isn't their fault.

#24 ·
I disagree with just about everything that you said. Obese people don't need insurance coverage. They need to think about what they're sticking in their goddamn hole. Insurance doesn't cover cure for stupid. Until now that is.

#37 ·
It's one thing to have a few extra pounds and it's another to be obese. My wife is on the larger side and has only recently relized the problem may be her fault. Despite the realization, she is still really good at making excuses for her issues. I lost almost 50 pounds strictly by diet and got my BMI to 25. I've put on about 10 pounds since then but it's time to get back onto the program. I find it hard to respect people who are obese (especially morbidly) because I look at it as a self inflicted condition. It chaps my ass even more when they refuse to take the blame for their actions. These same people are a burdon on the health care system when they get older and start reaping the results of a lifetime of poor health decisions. Because of their bad choices, I now have to pay a higher insurance premium even though I make an effort to live a healthy lifestyle.

#44 ·
and I bet not only will these people get paid from the state for being disabled but then they will hand them a bridge card to continue fatness. Great plan. Someone I knew a few years ago when they lived up here, had a job and still got $300.00 a month on a bridge card and he was single, fat, with zero kids. unbelievable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.