Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

?? about selling a car

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  BOGDOG 
#1 ·
So my parents bought my sister a new car. They wouldn't let me buy her old one and they gave it to me. I was going to fix the things wrong with it and then use it as my DD to save gas money over my truck but with insurance, registration and fuel for the car, I don't think I will be saving any money.

So my question is, should I sell the car as-is and take what I can get, or fix the problems and try to get more money for it? The more I get for it the more bills I can pay off. I would have to put at least $150 into it. If I fixed all things it would be about $700-$800.

FYI it is a 2001 Alero 3.4 4 door with leather. About 130,000 miles.

#6 ·
Well based on other Aleros on Craigslist, I figured I would start at $3000 for it. This one seems in better shape than most on there. The $3000 would put me right around what I would hope to get after I put the $700-800 into it.

#4 ·
I should mention the biggest thing is that the intake leaks which is given for the 3.4 but my sister drove it daily without problem. So it technically could be driven as is till it goes completely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.