Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WCSX Stone Soup 2008 - Candidate list now published!

5K views 90 replies 47 participants last post by  Kodiak450r 
#1 · (Edited)
I submitted my 65 Wagoneer to WCSX's morning show as a donation candidate for the 08 Stone Soup project on behalf of GL.

Make it happen!

Here's the link to the Morning Show Stone Soup page. My posting should show up after Moderator approval and I already sent pictures to the morning show and Producer's email.

http://my.wcsx.com/jjandlynne/?p=360

Spro Says: (Your comment is awaiting moderation.)

January 31st, 2008 at 9:15 am
I have a 1965 Jeep Wagoneer (327 AMC, not Chevy) that I would consider donating. I have a second truck for parts with the same motor, too. The Jeep hobby/parts network in huge in Michigan and I bet one of the major Boards in the state would probably get behind the effort, such as GreatLakes4×4.com (based right in Oakland County). I’m emailing a couple pics to the morning show address.

See less See more
#70 · (Edited)
It wasn't very technical or detailed about anything in particular, but I tried to bring across the point that building a monster truck was not really what I had in mind when I decided I would offer it up. I've been staying out of the blog because I don't wantto argue with the idiots bashing the idea, but I'm going to make a post this morning that is along the lines of what I said on the air.

They also talked about about some of the less-jerky, but still humorous comments made by some of the posters (Danny Zuko) and touched on what the Rubicon Trail and Camp Jeep was.

One thing that I noticed was a comment about the pro-jeep stuff all being one guy. But in truth, I have a feeling that it's really all the anti-Jeep stuff being one guy; or at least the ones with all Caps being the same guy. I notice a reoccurring theme in his notes about crushing it.
Yeah, I picked up on that, too. Its obviously Roll-Bar-Bob. :sonicjay:

#71 ·
http://www.glfwda.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5267

They were talking about how this guy who offered up the Jeep Cherokee had sparked some real controversy because of the die hard muscle car fans being outraged that there is so much positive response about the jeep. They said he must have a lot of friends.:tonka:

They went on to quote a guy who says he has a jeep but this is Woodward Ave, not the Rubicon trail.

So then they say, hey Mark's on the phone right now & put him on the air. They said howdy to Mark & asked him what he thought of the whole controversy. He was cool about it and said he's not wanting to create controversy but offer up something different that crosses the lines of the die hard muscle car fans. Spro also said a really good thing & that is that he is not envisioning a monster truck but rather a nicely done vehicle that is streetable and not necessarily built for the Rubicon trail.

So, then they went off on a tangent asking him about the Rubicon trail & Jeep Jamboree. They thought the Rubicon was the only place that they do the JJ. Mark said no, they do it all over the country, in fact here in Michigan. Unfortunately, they didn't pick up and expand on the Michigan statement.

Then they said you must have a lot of friends, are you in a club. He said it's not really a club but that he frequents many of the local message boards. They kind of went "ahhhh" realizing that there is where all the emails are coming from.

They wrapped up with a thanks for the offer. (for those that heard it, I think I covered most of it)

#72 ·
honestly I read through the blog and the bashing comments were making me laugh my ass off. I was thinking the anti comments were either woohaw or fishboy either way I found them very amusing.

#77 ·
i hope it does not ruin it. i get tired of going to car shows in the summer only to see a hundred similarly resto'd camaros, chevelles, gto's, mustangs, 32 fords etc. although they are beautiful cars it gets old. after a while it's nothing special or unique. infact I remember last year overhearing a bunch of older rod builders at a show bitching about the ratrod section because they didn't have $20 grand in a paintjob.

as for the wagoneer a panel delivery as others mentioned would be very cool, perhaps they could mod it to have ambulance doors in the rear.

#79 ·
The only modern suggestion I have liked so far is the Hemi idea, but I would have no real "say" as to how the buiild would go if they choose the Wagoneer. It would be 100% their ball game once it leaves my possession.[/QUOTE]

That was me. I kinda like the panel van idea.

#85 ·
I was board so I did a quick sketch of the Dragoneer. I chopped the top a bit and added some silly large rims. I left it blue only with basic rims so that you all could have fun adding graphics to it. Post your best design.

#88 ·
A ton of the comments in the link in the first post are pro-jeep.

What's the radio station saying? I refuse to listen to radio with commercials, so I won't turn it on.
The callers are all saying 69 Camaro.

It doesn't matter how many of the blog posts are pro-Jeep since you can sign the post however you want. Marv the webmaster isn't going to bother with trying to verify IP addresses. They want live input from real people. If people don't turn on the radio and call in, its just not going to happen.

#90 ·
I'm changing my vote to the '55 Ford Customline 2dr.

As long as I'm spending somebody else's money, equip it with Holborn fuel injection on either a 427 SOHC or 429 SCJ, a Richmond 6-speed, 'bagged suspension, big brakes, and set of 17" Halibrand wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.