Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Tough Mudder Michigan

4K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  T&L81CJ5 
#1 ·
Anyone participating?

#13 ·
Good luck to those competing... for now I'll stick to good ole distance running. I've heard tails of people getting stuck for 20+ minutes waiting to cross some of the obstacles at these things. That would really take me out of my groove.

For those interested in getting another run in this weekend, feel free to join up with me early Sunday morning in downtown Rochester as I step off on a 20-miler. :thumb:

#16 ·
4 hours on the mark. Tons of mud yesterday. We started right after it down poured. Team did awesome. Only negative I can say is there were a ton of people were walking right from the start. It seems then that lots of people can say they did it, but don't have to actually run most of it.

#17 ·
Was great. Took our team of 10 five hours, had a couple people that did very little training so we did alot of waiting for them at the obstacles. Only thing I could not get up was everest as my arms were shot from pulling half my team up and over the walls and hay bails. Allready pre registered for next year.

#22 · (Edited)
meh, I'll take your word for it. Doesn't even sound fun to train for something and then have to wait around. I'd get pretty pissed pretty quick. Unless these are more recreational and less competition/ test of fitness then disregard my prior statement.

That probably sounded a bit douchey, I didn't intend for it to read that way. More of the point that it doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

#25 ·
Its billed as a team event, commaradarie and teamwork, first guy through did it 93 minutes, obviously alone and on untrampled ground, he got the same thing I got, head band, t-shirt and a beer! We helped a ton of people and were helped by as many aolong the way, we only waited 10-15 minutes at the trench warfare obstacle, maybe 5 minutes at the most at any of the rest, and those little breaks were well recieved by this old man. The team is planning on participating in more.

#41 ·
Go to a "nice area" of Detroit while wearing a neon track suit.

Find a large group of colored people then yell something racially offensive (your choice) from across the street.

More intense then tough mudder, more obstacles and its free!

#42 ·
Even if you are not competing, how can you "push yourself" without quantifying it somehow?

When I did my tri I knew I wasn't going to place well, but that was ok.. I set a personal goal that was achievable with hard work and dedicated training. Because of the clock, I was able to know if I met it or not and truly push myself to get there. You can't do that if you have to wait for obstacles and they don't time it, thats my big hang up on trying one of these.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.