Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

I'm a proud owner of a brand new eco mower

4K views 40 replies 28 participants last post by  BlooMule 
#1 ·

It's a lot easier on the grass since it actually cuts it instead of chopping off the tops like most mowers do.:thumb:

See less See more
#4 ·
We used to use those little bastards in the Army. I hate to admit it but they actually do a damn good job without much effort. Way cheaper to buy, run and maintain than a gas mower.

Disclaimer: All of that goes right the fuck out the window if you have any ditches or even a slight incline anywhere you need to mow.

#11 ·
Just waiting for mine to die and I am going to buy the same thing. My yard is small only takes me about 20 min to cut the front and back.

#19 ·
They even make them in 18 feet wide if you want to pull them behind a tractor, like they do on some golf courses. :thumb:

They're much easier to push than a gas powered mower and you get a nicer cut.

#23 ·
reels will aways give you a better cut, its like using a scissors instead of swinging a sword. but when the grass gets longer and has toys/rocks in it, you cant beat the production of a rotary mower. you catch a stick in a reel with dull blades and you will be cussing :sonicjay:

#36 ·
how is it more like a scissors then a swinging sword? isn't it still just a blade swinging in a different direction? it isn't 2 blades sliding across each other like a scissors, or is it? I haven't seen one up close since I was a kid, so I don't really know the facts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.