Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

project 5.0 one ton tj

88K views 630 replies 75 participants last post by  bigbchevy 
#1 ·
ok im going to put a 93 5.0 mustang motor with a c-6 and a 205 t-case in my 97tj and also a 93 ford dana 60 front and a 14bolt rear i started a few weeks ago and im just now gitting around to posting pics !!!!.......... this is what i started with a 97tj with a 4.0 this is the 14 bolt as i was building it back up! i will try to post more pics tomorrow thanks :beer::beer::beer::beerbang:

See less See more
#67 ·
Just an fyi... Im the one who talked him into the 5.0 swap into his jeep.. I have a wicked efi 5.0 in my 79 Bronco and she runs like a rape ape... In a week or so his tj should be running and driving.. I talked to a friend today about helping with the efi harness and he's down to help... This will be a sick lil tj when it's done.. The motor is stock for now but wont be for long after this season of wheelin, she'll have a few more pony's under the hood..:naughty:

#71 ·
yea i was just looking at that...why do all that work and keep the short arms. build a truss for that rear and make some long arms.like bryce said. you are going to be killing those arms fast.

#72 ·
i have been thinking about going long arm but i just have to come up with the cash to do it ! ...................................................... im looking in to it now!

#102 ·
they are set up rims but if they are what you are looking for you can have them lol

#107 ·
i like the 205 case it wont brake and with the 5.13 gears i should be fine . it fits up in there rilly well i could run the factery skid if i wanted to .

#108 ·
i have a bw t=case out of a older f-150 it was bolted to a c-6 let me know if you need anything from it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.