Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Is it legal to sell sand from Lake Michigan?

3K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  busyfixin 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Ive heard of people who sell a lot of rocks and dirt on EBay. Mostly from tourist spots, etc. Of course you make money on both the free material and shipping. Some people will buy anything.

#9 ·
I believe if it's off private property it's OK, the add says just north of the National Seashore, so may be private.

x2, there is a bunch of free sand from pere marquette beach right now.

I wonder why the people that worry about thier cottages being buried on silver lake don't just have people haul the sand away :sonicjay:
That area of Michigan has been in a lot of world magazines as the most beautiful fresh water shore, and things like that. That might draw someone (who isnt' very smart) to buy sand off ebay from a place they seen in a mag and want to go to, but can't afford to make the trip.

as for the sand as SL, there's a house there right now with sand half way of the western outer wall, they can't get people to take enough for free and have paid a lot of money to have sand trucked out, I've heard they sues the state and now the state has to do it, but I don't know how true that is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.