Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Hey lifted truck drivers.

5K views 79 replies 31 participants last post by  Jiveturkey3 
#1 ·
Serious question time. How is it you can have a lifted truck with all kinds of modifications and bald tires? I swear 75% of lifted trucks have bald tires. I saw one today, lifted chevy dmax, 6+ inches of lift, dual fox shocks and no tread on the tires.

#9 ·
his rear end was poorly aligned as well since the back ones were bald. his front were bald and cupped from pushing.

#16 ·
people don't think about the cost of replacing the tires. They just think the truck looks so cool they are willing to spend most of their income on the payment.
x2

#14 ·
you cared so little you just had to tell us. your just jealous that there are people out there who are able to drive their toys.

#18 ·
yup. I love it, out here you see house trailers with new camaros, trucks and orv/bikes in the yard. these roughnecks/miners are so dumb, in 20 years they will be renting still.

#52 ·
Ha maybe your pay check since i lost my job and decided to go back to school one tire is more like a months pay.
its not my fault your a loser. 12 hours of school a week plus 24 hours of study time leaves 132 hours in the week to make money.

#29 ·
Some people just aren't smart enough to look at they're tires, or know what they're seeing. After 7 years at a dealership, I've lost count of how often I hear "can you look at my tires and tell me if I need new ones?" (typically the tires they're asking about don't even have a hint of tread left). It's like they don't understand that if you can't see tread you need new Tires. Of course these are the same dumbasses that come to the dealer to have air put in the tires because the tire pressure monitor light came on.

#32 ·
X2 on what has already been said. Some probably purchase it from the dealer with the lift/tire package and finance the additional $4k the dealer chargers for their "Super blinged out offroad package!!1!1"...which pushes their payment beyond affordable.

Said truck probably hasn't had an oil change in 10k+ miles either.

Then again , Im just speculating and stereotyping. I really don't know, or care.

#33 ·
I almost bought a super clean 06 duramax crew last winter. It was loaded to the Max, lifted and tuned up big time. I wouldn't have financed much between cash and trade in but I realized it was a time bomb. Still driving my old truck, still not regretting it.

#36 ·
I see it all the time as well and it shocks me as well.

First thing I did after I got my F350 was go get some new tires for it. Damn thing had a set of dry rotted and half bald ass 35s on it. Drove it home praying that I would not have a blow out.

#59 ·
The tires on my DD have pretty low tread, not exactly bald but if I am just driving back & forth to work I'd rather wear them out than the good set I'll be throwing on in a month or so. When I throw them out I'll know I got my money's worth out of them.

#62 ·
If I made 1,000,000 a year I would still be a tightass and get my moneys worth out of my stuff.

#66 ·
I mean people who replace tires at 25% . I don't take them to the cords but mine sure aren't sold as used after I'm done.
I drive 40k miles a year over mountains and down roads you people wish you could wheel on. I would rather make it home than be sitting in the ditch wishing i wasn't such a cheapass.

#69 ·
WTF this isn't a brag about your income thread, its a rip on BGBTHLTD(big gay bald tire having lifted truck douchebag) thread.

#72 ·
not really. I kinda take it for granted anymore. besides, I am only making 2800/month on disability.:(

#79 ·
So it never rains, and you never have to go around curves, or turn corners, or stop quickly for unexpected dangers or any of the other things that happen in the real word? Never mind the fact that you are driving a heavy truck with an above average front weight bias that does wonders for rwd traction:thumb:

I wish i lived in that world lol

#74 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.