Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

178K views 1K replies 146 participants last post by  Gunsworth 
#1 · (Edited)

#799 ·
troy is the man at howel..jims was a waist of money....just my 2cents.

#803 ·
Drove it around for a couple hours today. Have to get that exhaust leak taken care of and definitly will have Tom do the shift kit as soon as he can. I'm very happy with it, just a little fine tuning now. Temp stayed under 200 , oil pressure around 45-50. Damn did I miss driving this thing!!!

I have no other way of basing an opinion on Jim other then my own experience. He seems like a very nice guy, always tried to answer questions and phone calls. My experience with his product however was not good and the fact that when he didn't have info on something he assumed instead of calling....well, that was a poor choice on his part. I paid him $570 and he refunded $385. Better then a kick in the teeth, but I will put my money and referals on Troy at Howell.

#805 ·
did you not read anything? he cost her 2 trips a bunch of money and headache.what don't you get?
maybe you should actually build something before you add your bullshit to every thread.

#808 ·
howell is the best hands down. they did all my stuff and will recommend them to anyone!

#810 · (Edited)
Just got back from Muffler Man on Dixie.......they fixed my exhaust leak for me, no charge.Both sides were leaking where they connect to the headers. Motor mount on passenger side was part of the issue. Zero clearance.Sounds so much better :thumb:Great group of guys in there, I guess his son works at the Midas in Ludington.

Bad part is the oil leak that showed up on the passenger side valve cover needs replaced soon. Leaking pretty good
Oh well.....it's back, it is all together and everything works great,

#820 ·
Was supposed to go to R&V today and test her out, skipped it so I could make it to Collins benefit the 11th. Yep, first run will be the race. Hopefully all will go well. Already have plans to put a shift kit in right after this race.

Taking it over to have Erin fix the bumpstops and move my front shock mounts Thursday night. Try and get some up travel.

#826 ·
Glad it was a cheap and easy one! I wonder why the valve covers had been removed in the first place.....I never even got around to removing them when i had it.

#828 ·
only damage she has is the steering box broke and a broken shock.
i rode in it and it sure does run good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.