Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

***** SnoFari 2013 - The Sofficial Thread*****

153K views 2K replies 141 participants last post by  GMKLR50 
#1 · (Edited)

For those who can't view image at work the dates are January 25th-27th, 2013

Replying to this thread does not guarantee you a spot at SnoFari. You must send in your registration postmarked no sooner than November 1st, 2012

If you have never heard of SnoFari before, here is some information;

SnoFari is a family oriented Winter trail-ride that takes place on state land in and around the West Branch, Mi area. It is open to all makes and models of licensed four-wheel drive vehicles. We host a banquet dinner on Saturday night and give away TONS of awesome prizes during the raffle. The event is sanctioned by the Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association.

Click the big red letters
2013 SnoFari Registration Form

See less See more
#901 ·
Huh?

I recall a Sheriff bumping into a group one time? This run is 100% legal with a DNR approved permit. The DNR knows we are there. Sometimes the local law knows, and some times it doesn't Please do NOT spread false information.

The list that Renegayed posted is only, and I repear ONLY a recommendation list. We highly recommend that you follow it. Especially when it comes to vehicle and vehicle recovery safety.

Thanks, Have a good day!

#902 ·
Sleds are a required safety item for participants in my group. Especially if you bring your kids. You never know when an emergency sledding hill incident will occur. :teehee:

Check with your group leaders to make sure there are not specific safety requirements for a particular run - usually the requirements are for minimum equipment needs and are made available ahead of time so you don't end up as a boat anchor on one of the tougher runs, or stuck behind me for the day with your methane injected 572ci V8 and 47" sticky tires.

#921 ·
Yeah after I read it again , after I settled down I can see how it would seem like I was serious !! Plus my laptop is broke and I can't put in any of those silly faces or goofy guys in from my phone !! All I can put in is the thumb & :sonicjay: !! Sorry again guys , I hate people getting the wrong idea about me !! *sorry my bad*

Sent from BlackBerry using Tapatalk

#913 ·
I'm almost ready. The brown truck showed up at my hoist today and dropped off a box to make the yota stop better.

A double locker run sounds like fun. I will have to swap my winch cable out with rope so my riders don't bitch that the cable is to heavy when I make 1 of them get out and pull it :teehee:

#914 ·
Will someone loan me $600 so i can buy a spare tire. also another $1000 to have a custom bumper made to carry it. Is a 3ft cb antenna with a magnet going to pass tech as secured? With an automatic transmission are we enforcing a parking brake?

just trying to manage my list of things to get done while my transmission is out and on the floor.

#923 ·
Rusty beads or what? Put some X-Tra seal on them beads. If you want to throw my 'for sale' Boggers on for the event have at it....... But I'm not picking up the driveline parts the first time you let the clutch out :sonicjay:

The DNR showed up??? Guess I don't remember that part :d: Good thing we carry the proper event permits then :thumb:

#954 ·
For those of you that have never peaked behind the curtains to see in action the team that puts SnoFari together for us, I just want to reiterate the kudos that we heap on Leah each year. Even after a year as a participant and now on my 4th as a trail leader, I never cease to be amazed at her attention to little details that most of you never know about. Just fielded my second call of the afternoon from her as she irons out some wrinkles that demonstrate the extra effort that SoFO puts into this event.

So in case we forget to say it often enough Leah, THANK YOU!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.