Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

**The Official 2011 SnoFari Pic Thread**

20K views 164 replies 55 participants last post by  2fst4you 
#1 ·
We've had a great Friday turnout this year and had several runs today, with more coming tonight. Here's a couple shots from the first day...

:sonicjay::sonicjay::teehee:

See less See more
#42 ·
Thanks to WhiteRhino and Tab for providing a warming station at the motorsports area by the rocks. A chance to take a break, tell a few stories and enjoy some hot apple juice:thumb:

Another trail meal on the grill...didn't have any, but it sure did smell good.

trail fix

yep, the snow was pretty deep in spots:woot:

nice trail scenery

#48 ·
This is a 20 minute section of our day condensed to a little over 3 minutes. I dubbed over the audio, because you couldn't hear the engine anyway, but just picture a farm tractor at about 4k RPM :teehee: You can see the tree I hit, as well as Mike diving out of the way when he realized I was coming much faster then he thought. :teehee:

Willy's Dash Cam in HD

#51 ·
This is a 20 minute section of our day condensed to a little over 3 minutes. I dubbed over the audio, because you couldn't hear the engine anyway, but just picture a farm tractor at about 4k RPM :teehee: You can see the tree I hit, as well as Mike diving out of the way when he realized I was coming much faster then he thought. :teehee:

Willy's Dash Cam in HD

YouTube - SnoFari 2011 Willy's Dashcam
Nice video! I figured that it would be pretty shakey from the jeep, but it looks really nice.

How did you mount the camera to your jeep? I never got a chance to take a look at it... seems like I was always behind you. :thumb:

#68 ·
Each run varies. There are 7 different groups on Saturday, I think 3 or 4 Friday during the day. and 4 Friday night. Each group does a different route. They leave from one location (hotel) and return to one location. Each run is unique. I would guess they vary from 40-60+ miles of trail. I think mine is 63, or something like that. :thumb:

#69 ·
Here's a video of Frank01TJ on "Big Money"...at least the one I've known as Big Money. The one that was/is closed i've known as the back side of Ant Trap. One is Big Money and one is Real Big Money or whatever you want to call it. I'm just glad that this one is still open to wheel on:woot:

Frank gets first dibs on having his video posted since he drove all the way from North Carolina for the second year in a row...that says a lot for the Snofari event and those who put it on:rock: And even though the snow sucked last year he still came back, ignored the haters who said there wouldn't be enough snow and was well rewarded with fresh snow for the Saturday run:woot:

#92 ·
Here's a video of Frank01TJ on "Big Money"...at least the one I've known as Big Money. The one that was/is closed i've known as the back side of Ant Trap. One is Big Money and one is Real Big Money or whatever you want to call it. I'm just glad that this one is still open to wheel on:woot:

Frank gets first dibs on having his video posted since he drove all the way from North Carolina for the second year in a row...that says a lot for the Snofari event and those who put it on:rock: And even though the snow sucked last year he still came back, ignored the haters who said there wouldn't be enough snow and was well rewarded with fresh snow for the Saturday run:woot:

YouTube - Frank01TJ Big Money[/url]
Thanks man...that video is pretty awesome.

#78 · (Edited)
I think what happened (besides the obvious can't walk and chew gum kinda thing) is I was watching the driver side as I was trying to avoid caving the door in again. after exiting the berm I still had the pass side up on the ledge and clipped the tree in the photo. Instead of glancing off the tree it just walked right up it and faster then I could say "oh shit" I had my wife in my lap:sonicjay:

berm before flop. this picture was taken saturday I was going much faster on friday

Diane crawled out the window and took this pic before everyone got back to me. which didnt take long at all thanks guys especially Joe

This picture the tires are all on the ground its hard to tell in some of the photos but there is more ledge there then it looks like

anyway nobody got hurt, didn't break any glass , and the door still opens and closes sorta.

I did have the dash cam on and gave it to Nightkrawler:thumb:

#85 ·
Yeah I would like to thank SOFO for a good time again this year , thanks to them offering a 10,500 pound winch with synthetic rope I won in the raffle :nana:, After I won that in the raffle put up from SOFO I went around and tried to thank as many SOFO group members I could , if I didnt thank you that night I'm thanking you now , and a big thanks to Leah (and friends) for getting no sleep and doing an amazing job !! A Big thank you to Jim P(sp?) and his wife -Blue JK 4 Door- For having a blast on the night run untill 1 in the morning and then again all day on Saturday , another thank you to Dale (Ironman) for the grub he ccoked up out there on the grill and to everyone for the cookies and cider !! It was just a great year all around and I will be back next year again for sure !! :beerbang:Barfari was a lot of fun as well !! Thank You SOFO !!

#91 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.