Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Thanks Detroit!

7K views 91 replies 35 participants last post by  bee 
#1 · (Edited)
I was detained and ticketed last night while leaving the Zac Brown concert. Crossing the street in a large group of maybe 20. The cop doing traffic tells people to stop, but I'm 80% through the crosswalk with others and get yanked to the side, handcuffed, thrown in the car, and ticketed for not following the direction of an officer or something like that. No warning, nothing. I've never been in trouble in my life and this hard on is holding his lit up baton over my head, saying he feels threatened by me. I wasn't intoxicated, acting out or anything. Just leaving the Joe with my wife.
I can't wait to fight this one. Total cash grab. Rant off!
55-1-2, disobey lawful order, signal or direction of a police officer.
The kid cop who wrote the ticket was not the one who pulled me aside, and kinda chuckled at my "cash grab" assessment of the situation. Hopefully it will make it easier to contest, considering the kid who wrote the ticket didn't actually see any of it. His Sargent just handed me of to him.

#49 ·
Maybe You should have just listened to the cop and You wouldn't be dealing with any of this.

#57 ·
I have no problem listening. I made the mistake of thinking that when the cop directing the foot traffic to stop meant for no others to continue crossing. I was already about 3 steps from being across the road.
My bruised wrists and forearms were completely necessary as well I'm sure.

#74 ·
Well they say there are three side's to every story, your's , theirs and the truth.:sonicjay:

#87 ·
Yes, it wasn't that dramatic. It was one officer, not "they". It happened very quickly. I was pulled out of a group. I'm sure you've seen white people crossing the street downtown for a concert or a ball game. It looked just like that. My wife just asked why they were taking me. And the militant prick yelled at her. I was let out of the squad car in 5 minutes with a ticket in my hand.
And the weed was back at the hotel room. :)

#75 ·
All in Detroit

I recieved 4 traffic tickets ad 1 invalid drivers license "due to it being stapled" in one setting after being pulled over.

1. right hand turn in a NO turn lane.
2. stapled license.
3. expired plate registration.
4. expired insurance voucher
5. driving on a 1 way street the wrong way.

Yup, all for a young girl to get a false license. LOL

Best part was it was in her mothers car. The court date came and I showed up with Josh(1tontjon40's) and due to a Judge being on vacation and that judge haveing 400 more cases in the same day...he was throwing traffic and misdemeanor tickets out the window, like pigeon shit bedding.

Show up to a court date, payings for pussies whom rather let injustice walk all over them. Only pay when ya lose, but least your chins high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.