Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1938 Walter Snow Fighter

13K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Mudking 
#1 ·
This is a 4x4 plow rig built by walter truck company in 1938. The original build sheet comes with the truck. It says the truck was built for a truck show in ohio and has all the options most walter's of the time did not have. This truck is a crew cab model with 3 doors. I can only find 2 pictures of other crews anywhere all the way through the 70's. This truck is also unique in the engine this one has a 934ci hercules flat head 6 cylinder. The engine has 2 spark plugs per cylinder one on a mag and the other on a distributer. You can switch in the cab what it runs on. The truck also has power steering and is a 12 volt system. I also have a copy of a magize article that mentions this exact truck in it. Have clean title for it. Truck runs, drives and stops. Most of the guages work. It has 40 psi oil presure at idel. Temp stays about 160. I have the fuel tank bypased because the sediment bowl gasket was ripped and im sure it needs cleaned.Truck has original dump bed but isnt hooked up. I dont have the plows for it but it originally came with a big v on the front and a fold out wing on the side. The truck is in great shape for the year. All steel in 95%. The only rust holes are under a molding strip and the biggest is bout the size of a quarter. However the wood in the doors is bad. Wouldnt be hard to build new tough. Im looking for a collecter to sell this to. It has too much history and is too nice to scrap or part. I would love to restore it but don't have the time. $3200 obo. Call with questions. Thanks for looking. 989-330-0850

Possible trades are cummins powered pickups, Older chevy 4x4's, BBC performane heads, etc...

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.