Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Hillbilly retardedness at it's finest.

6K views 80 replies 43 participants last post by  Ebs 
#1 ·
Good 'ol KY boy. A little back ground is this road is wicked, speed limit is 55mph but most drive around 45 mph. The bikes were probably doing around 60-65 or so.

#7 ·
I'm more impressed with how hard that "hillbilly" can push a loaded F150 through those corners.

#13 ·
I thought the same thing about the double yellow..... however according to the you tube comments, I guess its legal to pass on them in KY?

Wither way, even if the bikes were braking the law, its no excuse for the truck to do that. If he believes they were riding dangerously, call the cops, don't run them off the road.

#16 ·
From what I understand, in KY you can pass on a double yellow if you deem it safe due to the number of tractors driven. They found the parades behind the tractors in double yellows were getting large and complaints were starting to be made.

With that being said, it looks like he waited for the top of a hill that didn't have a sharp or blind corner in it to pass. Truck was in the wrong in my opinion.

#18 ·
Good 'ol KY boy. A little back ground is this road is wicked, speed limit is 55mph but most drive around 45 mph. The bikes were probably doing around 60-65 or so.

Once again the road makes it look like he's pushing it hard.
How can the road make it look like he was pushing it hard? I'd say an F150 with a quad in the back trying to keep pace with a bike on a winding road would be pushing it hard.

:confused:

#20 ·
I can see this thread is gonna turn into a bikers VS non bikers just like the rest.. IMO 8 out of 10 bikers ride like everyone should bow to them i dont blame the truck driver for his actions though not right these bikers need to have a lot more respect and courtesy when riding.. Im getting really tired of being cut off by bikes in heavy traffic..

I agree 110% with kickstand and 84scrambler

#21 ·
In the video it appears both of them were in the wrong. But trying to kill someone is totally uncalled for.

I'm not saying this is what happened here. But I have been driving down the highway and had a Bike pass me like I standing still and it scared the shit out of me. I couldn't tell what side of me he was on when he flew by. I could easily see someone in a situation like that being startled and swerving toward the Bike.

#22 ·
Definitely not the case here. The bike had slowed down and was behind the truck waiting for a clear look at what was ahead, so he could pass.

As much as I hate motorcycle douchebags, I didn't see them doing anything inherently wrong in this video. They may have been speeding a little, but I didn't see them riding wheelies or any stupid shit like that. I never even once heard the bike with the camera accelerate even remotely hard.

#23 ·
Maybe its different elsewhere, but around here bikers are way more curtious then people in cars, and very rarely do i ever see a biker weave, or cut people off, I mean come on you are full of shit if you say motorcylists cut you off all the time, someone with no protection around their body is going to cut cars off?

#24 ·
Umm... Do you drive with your eyes closed? From my experiences, a lot (not all) of drive like they own the place and everybody should pull over and stop when they are on the road. I respect the crap out of fellow drivers but there are a lot of motorcyclist that need to have their licenses revoked. I also realize that there are responsible riders out there and a few can ruin the reputation for all.

#25 ·
Saw this on another forum so we can have closure...

"Howdy, just saw an update about this on FB and according to the local Police, in some areas in KY it is legal to pass on a double yellow under certain circumstances. They reviewed the tape and dismissed any charges against the riders since the trcuk was going well below the speed limit, that being one of the possible exceptions. Guess getting stuck behind a tractor would really su$%$k. In any case according to the update the pick-up driver was indeed charged with Attempted Murder. My take on the situation was similar to some other opinions by the way, unless there is an exigent circumstance taking the law into your hands is at best foolhardy. As a retired LEO I can tell you first hand that even a trained profesional can get in trouble real quick when the S%$T hits the fan. Trying to kill someone over a traffic violation would be hard to justify in the eyes of any jury or Court and in any case passing the pick-up did not place the operator in any imminent danger of bodily harm, the truck driversure did so, through his actions against the rider. If I were on duty as a Motor Officer and that had been my partner up front I can almost guarantee that it would have been a justifiable shoot situation against the truck driver, whereas someone passing on a double yellow, if it is not allowed by local law, would at worst constitute a moving violation. Everyone can create their own opinion as to what local laws would and would not allow but in this case based on local laws the only person in the wrong was the truck driver. Perhaps the riders are local and knew this, and even if it were not so, that would be like running someone off the road or ramming them for not wearing their seatbelt, another moving violation. "

http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?64740-Man-in-truck-tries-to-kill-motorcyclist/page3

#26 · (Edited)
Fuck em. if you dont wanna end up a grease stain get a real vehicle. bikers are like pitbulls, nothing but dangerous killers that should all be shot.

#27 ·
Guys that ride crotch rockets and wear weird motorcycle racing clothes are fuckin' gay.:bdr2:

#28 ·
I think we should ship McButtlovin out to Steveo in Wy, where Men are Men and sheep are lying little fucks.

Can't figure out if they are just trying for the internet funny, or are truly ignorant.

Rider wasn't breaking the law, truck was. Seems simple enough.

#45 ·
Passing on a double yellow may be against the law. Going 60-65 in a 55 zone certainly is, as is riding is such a way as to endanger others.

And I bet most people that live on or regularly need to use that road get awfully tired of having motorcycles fling up and down it on Sunday morning, and maybe every day and night. Not that it justifies murder, but I'd sure be looking for a way to slow them down or get them to go elsewhere.

#32 ·
CGlenn, here you on that 40's technology. By the way, you still have that bike? Still have mine.
Handlebars too wide to lane split, too slow at top end to get away with stupid passing in traffic, rigid frame so taking the berm would rattle your teeth loose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.