Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

GL4x4 Motorcycle Club

271K views 2K replies 230 participants last post by  booblinker 
#1 · (Edited)
Show off your motorcycle.

mine: 1982 Honda CM250

Duffman, I know you're itching to post some pics! :)

See less See more
#540 ·
can i join your gang?
started like this

built this in 2010

painted it like this in 2011

pulled it apart at the end of 2011 to add some screamin eagle high lift cams, bored .10 over with new pistons, chopped the cam cover and added some screamin eagle heads with perfect fit pushrods. oh and i got rid of the forward controls because the bike is to low and i would scrape every hard turn. oh and got rid of the ugly seat.

put it back together in 2012, going to make some new pipes but should be done by the end of the week .

#549 · (Edited)
Here is my newest toy. It is a 2000 XR650R with a Baja Designs street kit. It has a few mods but more are coming.
Some of them are:
Baja site tube for oil level
Pro-Taper bars and triple clamp
Edelbrock carb.
Airbox mods
Opened exhaust
blah blah blah
CR450R USD forks and brakes to come next. I have the parts just gotta fit em'

#550 ·
Here is my newest toy. It is a 2000 XR650R with a Baja Designs street kit. It has a few mods but more are coming.
Some of them are:
Baja site tube for oil level
Pro-Taper bars and triple clamp
Edelbrock carb.
Airbox mods
Opened exhaust
blah blah blah
CR450R USD forks and brakes to come next. I have the parts just gotta fit em'
What are your plans for it? What kind of riding?

#551 ·
All this warm weather is KILLING me. Sold the bike thinking I could handle not having one. The week of warm weather (and the people enjoying riding in it) is starting to show me it could be harder then I thought. I know a guy who has a few Bikes (ones a Gold wing~ish bike and the other is alot like the CB posted above). Might see if he'll let me fix one up for the summer. I like the idea of a bit more luggage but don't know if I could handle a full dresser or something like that.

BTW, I went to Artisian Springs at 127 and 12 last week and saw the Harley Davidson MT500 (I think). I liked how it looked, Alot. Anybody ever ridden one?

#552 ·
A few of my buddies and I are all on the same page now.

Last fall, I picked up my KLX250s. My friend in GR picked up a WR250r last month, and just last week, my friend in Traverse City bought a KLX400SR. His brother has a plated XR400r. Two weekends ago, we planned out a loop/route on the MCCCT from Gladwin to Traverse City. We don't have any idea how long it will take, so in April, we're going to do a day trip to see how far we can expect to cover in a day. I can't wait for some warm weather.

#559 ·
My dad has a bike now!

Since my friend upgraded rather quickly from the 81 xt200 to the 08 WR250r, my dad is getting the XT. I'm pumped.

#562 ·
Picked up some used bags for my bike, they are much larger and can actually hold my coat or any gear now. They look a helluva lot better too. I may have to raise it back up an inch, but I am going to pray they don't hit in turns so I don't have to. :sonicjay:

They shouldn't hit.

Next on the list is a different seat again I think. I still don't like this one.

#567 ·
Riding down to Freeland to meet up with the brother/sister in law for a pint at the 2nd Street Pub. So nice out....

#568 ·
I rode on the Grand Traverse ORV system this weekend.

It was awesome, until this happened

Lesson learned, D606, rim lock, and heavy duty tube on order.

#573 ·
dayum - first time I've ever seen that happen.

I have no idea what could have caused that other than the kind of stuff they speculated about. If he was boiling his fuel and shooting vapor into the frame (where most KTM vapor lines mount) - and he picked up some leaves around his headpipe, I guess I can see where the vapor would ignite.

Perhaps he was jetted "factory lean" (not sure if KTM does that like Honda or not) and his exhaust was red-hot....

o_O

#576 ·
Spose to be pickin up a 03 stage 1 Fatboy next week. Can't wait. Been takin my dad's 2012 Heritage for the past few nice days and miss having one( soon as the honda is all fixed up it will be forsale.)