Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Prerunner style 5.9l grand cherokee fs/ft

20K views 95 replies 43 participants last post by  two_much_talk 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been building my 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L to be a JeepSpeed inspired vehicle. My plans was to finish the build and take it to the dunes this year with my Offroad club so I could do a little jumping. Well decided I would rather have something as a daily driver since I already have a 99 XJ that I rebuilt to be my trail rig.

Here is a quick history of the 9'er

Heated leather seats
Sunroof
Towing package
Power windows
Rugged Ridge air intake system
Cb antenna bracket
31x10.59x15 ProComp mts with 90 percent tread life
ProComp black steel wheels
All fluids changed when they should be.
Oil changes done every 3000 miles with synthetic Mobil 1
Currently sitting on a 3 inch coil spacer lift
Bilstein 5150 shocks. Fronts not mounted yet.
Prerunner style front bumper
CSL Offroad rear prerunner bumper
Magnaflow muffler
Tinted turn signals and tail lights
Glass housing head lights with HIDs

Extra parts I have for it

Iron rock long arm upgrade-front
Jks front and rear adjustable track bar
BDS quicker disconnects
Brand new IRON ROCK OFFROAD 4.5 inch springs with 1 inch spacers for each corner.
Rubicon express brake lines

The Cons
It's a 98 so it shows it's age.
Paint is still in fantastic condition but the hood louvers could use a touch up
Few small dings here and there
Rust under the tail gate starting. Can't see it unless you open the tail gate. I have a extra one for it just would need to be painted.
The clock says 240+ thousand miles on it but my buddy told me a new motor was put in it at about 100k miles or so.
Runs great, doesn't burn oil, nothing
I daily drive this thing and love it.

What I would like is 4000 for it including all the parts or I will trade for a lifted or non lifted 97+ XJ. Must be in good condition and must meet the price I am asking for since the buyer or trader is getting a ton of brand new parts with it.

Few things I am planning on taking off this week from it.
Cb radio
ProComp fog lights

Other then that if anyone has questions or wants pictures I can text them to you at 8157624079

I am going to try to get some pictures up sometime this week.

See less See more
#25 ·
Wow a lot of **** on hear with big key board muscles.

The silver 9er was traded last year you fucking moron, so you can shove that up your ass.

The black 9er that I currently have up for sale/trade, I have been battling some timing issues, I have currently dropped a brand new PCM, spark plugs and wires and it still has a idle at 500 rpm, so I don't want to trade it to someone in its current condition.

Oh for those of you who want to step the fuck up, please do cuz right now, you all look like a bunch of keyboard pussies that don't know the full story but will jump on a band wagon. Go fuck yourselves.

#38 ·
I just spoke to the dude via text to see the jeep.. he seemed to be an ok cat but I dunno for sure..

Jeep aint to bad but IMO no where near worth $4000.. extra parts or not..

An just a heads up to the seller if you have a "small" leak in your tire an are planning on fixing like you said that's fine but not a huge selling point when you send someone pics of the tire so flat the rim is just sitting on it..

I'm a tire guy.. have been for years now and that I can tell you is not good.. improves chances for breaking belts in the tires also allows for weather cracking sooner and can physically eat your sidewall if you let that wheel rest on that tire for to long.

Like I said its a nice jeep an i wish you the best with your sale but not good pics and it just don't look like its worth $4000 to me... Maybe it is what do I know??? I just wouldn't pay that for it... I'd give ya like $2800-3000 all day though .

#40 ·
Nahh he won't just another punk ass kid...

He decided to text me last night at a quarter to eleven an start running his mouth sayin I don't know shit about tires an thanks for talkin shit on his thread... I don't think he was prepared for the fact that I was a general manager for a very nice tire shop and I quickly reminded him I'm not the guy he wants to start texting an talkin shit...

Didn't hear from him after that!!!

I say ban this Dick bag..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.