Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

*** Blessing of the Jeeps 2013 ***

37K views 269 replies 87 participants last post by  Wramblerguy 
#1 ·
Its the new year, and its time to once again mark your calendars for the annual blessing of the jeeps. Saturday May 4th, the gates open at 8am for the 12th annual Jeep blessing in Mesick MI. Below is a link to the Cadillac jeeps site with all the information you need about this event. Hope to see you all there.

http://cadillacjeepers.com/jeep-blessing/

#228 ·
They pear-pressured me into taking my truck through the mud it "to sture it up a little" :(....video to come soon :thumb:

I'll be working the mud pit, part of the day tomorrow, I'm a younger kid (19) with glasses, you can't miss me.

#243 ·
Had an awesome time as usual, gets bigger better and funner every year. Thanked mrs. Ellens a few times for allowing us to wheel there again. Even showed he how much fun the concrete pit was a few times.
Thanks again for all the hard work, good times and enjoyed the company of the few wheelers that I only see once or twice a year! (Chads)
Thank you a ton for putting this on!

sended frum dis stoopid fone.

#252 ·
We had 3 fires this year, 2 of them in Chadville. I'm thinking I might keep an extinguisher close by for next year. The water hole seemed to cause problems this year. Snorkels might be an added thing to get into Chadville next year along with a wet suite and respirator. LOL

#253 ·
had a blast and it was our 1st time. great people and alot of nice rigs. wish i could have kept mine from vapor locking and dying in the intermediat course but was alot of fun still.

any way to do a number system to keep down the long line of idleing and sitting to get into the couse might help keep some of the rigs running a little cooler and have less prob on course. would also inshure everyone who wants to go out on course could get a turn and after everyone gets a shot let it be a free for all for more passes though the course. just an idea.

thanks for putting on such a great event and thank you for all the work and time you guys put into building and getting the event ready.we will be there again next year with carb prob fixed lol.

#269 ·
any way to do a number system to keep down the long line of idleing and sitting to get into the couse might help keep some of the rigs running a little cooler and have less prob on course. would also inshure everyone who wants to go out on course could get a turn and after everyone gets a shot let it be a free for all for more passes though the course. just an idea.
We worked the bugs out of it so we didnt need a numbering system last year. That being said, we added 100 more Jeeps this year to the line. What would help the most is if 1/2 the drivers would watch for an hour before they head down to line up. The first 20 rigs take the longest as the trail is the hardest because it's still fresh. I know it's hard to relax and watch because everyone is excited to hit the trail, but that would solve the long line. RB

#254 ·
We try hard to incorporate your feedback. The lines and keeping traffic moving is always up there as a concern. This year was unusual. We have gotten the traffic much better in the last couple years. It seems like Mt. Blessmore and the sand pit bogged down the lines. We will consider changes next year. I am thinking in the amount of attempts.

How does everyone think about only a couple of attempts for the first couple hours. This would keep the traffic moving. I run the entrance to the courses and I have to say this year we did see a bigger than normal backup at the intermediate course.

If we get a major breakdown on the course, it can also get things backed up in a hurry.

I am glad everyone for the most part had fun, and yes, I will continue to try and talk you into heading to chadville. ;) See ya next year.

Chad. Yup there a 3 of us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#255 · (Edited)
I would think. opening the courses at 9am. Stopping 1/2 hour before blessing then continueing after. This may thin the lines as some may only want to run once or twice and could be done before it gets busy.
We had a great time . The shows on all trails were fun to watch. Vendors had lots of traffic and the weather was so awesome. Ready for next year already.

#256 ·
had a blast on saturday first time at the blessing got to test out the 4inch zone lift i put on this winter was very happy with it. the only problem i had was tearing off my zone sway bar straps. the tires must of reached up and grabed them. the wife had a blast and can't wait till next year. keep up the good work guys.

#257 ·
lol you did a good job trying to talking me into chadville. i didnt have any time to test and tune the jeep b4 we came to blessing. only reason i want to try intermediate course 1st. oh well got a full year to work bugs out and will be glad to try some of chadville out for shure next time. thanks again for all the fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.