Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

99 S10 Blazer SFA Project

76K views 77 replies 37 participants last post by  LSzr2blazer 
#1 ·
Well my story is short and simple. Chevy's IFS sucked, so a HPD44 and D60 went in. (thanks to mr crawl)
Before (2" body lift, tbar death crank, 3" lift shackles):

No more IFS

Test run on some pizza cutters:

Now with bald 33" MTZ's on H2 Wheels:

specs:
79 F250 HP Dana 44 Front and Dana 60 Rear 3.54 Gears (for now)
Mid 90's Dakota Leafs up front, re-arched by Martin Spring & Drive
Hummer H2 Wheels and 33" MTZ's
SOA with Stock rear s10 leafs + 1 junkyard leaf and longer shackles
1 ton TRE's

....soon-to-be, or hope-to-be:
Spartan Locker in rear
5.13 gears
37" shoes (possibly the new MTR with Kevlar)
Sliders, Front bumper
Hydro Assist ram

I have a lot of plans but not a lot of money! (Donations appreciated :sonicjay:)

See less See more
#50 ·
I know but the money tree has had trouble growing in the winter

Sickest blazer ive seen, wicked front end.

how do you go about fabbing a bumper like that?
Thanks!
I just built a few designs out of cardboard until I liked one, then I copied the design onto a slightly sturdier material. Then had mr. crawl help me bend up a nice hoop for the front and it was good to go

#60 ·
:sonicjay: Thanks!

Might of missed it but, how did you do the front drive shaft at the tcase end?

thanks
You can weld on a yoke to the factory slip shaft that slides over the tcase output. It isn't ideal but it works. It's held on there with a snap ring and I have had zero issues with it thus far. If you want to go above 40mph though, I'd swap in a fixed output from an earlier model np231. There are write-ups about it somewhere online, I just don't have the link. I'm sure a little google searching and you could find it though!

#61 ·
You can weld on a yoke to the factory slip shaft that slides over the tcase output. It isn't ideal but it works. It's held on there with a snap ring and I have had zero issues with it thus far. If you want to go above 40mph though, I'd swap in a fixed output from an earlier model np231. There are write-ups about it somewhere online, I just don't have the link. I'm sure a little google searching and you could find it though!
Thanks man I'm trying to get the final details figured out before I start my swap. Im going to look into the switching the yokes because 150 for an adapter seems a bit high.

#63 ·
I got another little update - I installed the autozone special shackles to the rear of my front leaf pack to get the front end level with the rear. I didn't want to do this because that meant my shackles have to hang down below the frame rails, but I really needed to get my bump stops off the landing pads - which it did. Either way, I like how it sits level now and it rides much better off the bump stops.

To the pics!

#64 ·
that thing is just BADASS

#73 ·
Me likes both bumpers the rear is coming together nicely. I thik I will have go hit up mr. Crawl when the time comes I think that basic look on the front or the waggy would look good. And I have more o overhang in the rear so some good protection / sliders back there are gonna be a must for me

Hopfully we can wheel together some time this summer, I have seen you run a couple times now and your rig looks and performs well. Keep up the good work man. ( and that goes for mr crawl too)

sent from my driod x, via my fingers through tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.