Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

World Cup fans

4K views 63 replies 26 participants last post by  fordbronco 
#1 ·
Soccer is not a sport...fyi

#10 ·
Not trolling, soccer is not a sport the same as marriage between a man and a man is not a real marriage. I have nothing against Gheys or their desire to be together but a marriage is between a man and a women and a sport requires skills other than chasing a ball around.

#8 ·
World Cup is the hot topic everywhere else- supposedly the USA has a good team (I would have no idea)

Sitting in Mexico with the customers watching Mexico vs Portugal, I cannot imagine how this became popular. Chasing a ball over a field approximately 2 miles by 3 miles for what seems like a week, for a score of 1-0.

Makes baseball look exciting in comparison.

#20 ·
By the definitions I have seen, I don't think I have ever seen a "sport". What is this mythical "sport" being mentioned? Surely it can't be football... I mean, all they do is run into each other and toss a weird shaped ball around. Can't be basketball... all they do is toss a ball at a metal ring. Probably not MMA or boxing... all they do is try to hurt each other. Hockey? Doubtful. All they do is chase a little piece of rubber around. This mythical "sport" appears to be sufficiently legendary to warrant a Discovery Channel "reality" show.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.