Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

took the rzr to the mounds today 2/15/11

5K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  Yetti 
#1 ·
It was nice to actually ride this thing and not have it break. These things are a blast got stuck a few times. Every thing was cool until I noticed the warning label about not using drugs...that one ruined my day

See less See more
#7 ·
Those warning labels come off very easily with a heat gun :sonicjay:.

Looks like fun though, and good to hear that it held together finally.

I have been terrorizing my neighborhood with mine lately, I'm sure my neighbors love me
No kidding...im glad I actually got to use it

Looks cold.
Wasn't bad at all...good day out

OMG you 2 went together.

That is cute
We only fight on the weekends now..this was a tuesday

Looks fun, im surprised WGM gave you permission to go to the mounds with out them.:poke:
No kidding...we were the only two out there...most fun I've had at the mounds in awhile

#29 ·
push rod style engine
Just to poke you a bit here but............a push rod engine is bad because why?
I don't hear many complaints from Corvette owners or WhiteRhino or other LS engine people? This myth that only OHC engines are high tech is a bunch of BS. LS engines have the same technology like AFM and cam phasing that OHC engines do. OHC engines have more pieces to break and go bad than OHV ones do. More chains or belts, more valves, more tensioners.....the list goes on and on.
So tell me why they are bad again?
jim-kb8ymf

#20 ·
My son had a RZR S that had lots of issues too. I don't remember all of them but the lower coil "pads" on the front coilover shocks are thin aluminum and he had them both widen enough to come off the shocks. He ended up machining his own thicker pads which solved the problem. He also had to have his tranny completely rebuilt due to a gear stripping teeth. It took him quite a while to get Polaris to cover it under warrantee, but they finally relented. A lot of smaller issues too, but I know many of them were tranny related.

He sold it and is waiting for a new 900 XP, apparently Polaris decided to create a better tranny to handle the new larger engine so he is hoping this tranny will hold up.

#42 ·
if you live on a farm, or use a sxs for work...I can see that. For any type of "fun riding", a Rhino cant compete with a stock RZR without thousands of dollars in aftermarket parts.

I did a week of riding in the UP a few years back, all quads except for my RZR (old 50" standard model) and one Rhino...we had to wait for the Rhino at every stop. The only quad that could run faster than me through the trails was my buddy on a Raptor 700, but that isn't really a fair comparison there ;).

#43 ·
we use our RZR as a farm machine too. with a hitch on it we can pull some heavy stuff. we cut down about 30 trees and my son drug them all down the hill to cut up. some had to be around 1000lbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.