Anybody know who this is?

6K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  sbcrichie 
#1 ·

This thing is wicked cool!

#36 ·
first pass 11.03
second pas 10.80
third pass 10.56 129mph
should have made a couple more passes but was running late and had to leave. it did make me want to fix third gear in the tranny and put a trans brake in it see if i can squeak a 9.99 out of it. i heard that a race cover on the s400 is worth 4 tenths.

#40 ·
I'm really surprised they didn't say more to you for going 10.5's with no cage!
I can't launch hard at all, so I had to baby it for the first 60-100' the last time I had it to the track. Went 10.7's launching like that and letting off at half track and finishing the run from the 1/8 to the 1/4 at half throttle
It was only going 115MPH at the end, and was surprisingly stable. Well, stable until the slightest hint of anything going wrong I'm sure :sonicjay:

#44 ·
Love it!

Years ago I built a sleeper 81 malibu myself. It was basically a street legal gutted shell with a heavily built 350 and a four speed. Had a full S&W sportsman cage hidden in it as well. Best part for the sleeper aspect is it was a four door!

First time at Milan they just waved me through inspection expecting a slow ass stock vehicle. Ran the first run of the day and at the end of the track I was met by a very angry official who ordered me to tech immidiately. I asked what the problem was and he barked "You just ran a 10.2 in a POS four door malibu, that's why!"

Everthing checked out fine and I had a great day bracket racing. This was before the big sleeper phase in racing, and the tech guys just kept shaking their heads in disbelief :D

#54 ·
yea on the noise this thing is pretty quiet, the video at the drag strip i took the exhaust off it just had the down pipe on it and dumped it under the pass door. i like the lower compression set up too makes them more steetable i think, when your just cruising around with no boost its just a mild 8.5/1 motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.