Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Important Information About The Mounds Rock Course!!!

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jmdzuk 
#1 ·
Mr. Burns,
Hello! My name is Kristin Leach and I am with the Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission. I work at the Mounds ORV park and was asked to let everyone know about an upcoming public meeting. If you would like to cut and paste the following message to your board, I would greatly appreciate it! (this will be the actual paperwork available at the meeting) Thank you!
Kristin Leach

Mounds ORV Rock Crawl Project
Public Input Meeting

November 8, 6:00 p.m.
Mill Street Warehouse
Crossroads Village
6140 Bray Rd.
Flint, MI 48505

Welcome! On behalf of the Genesee County Parks and Recreation Commission, thank you for your participation! We would like your ideas ans suggestions for continued improvement to the Mounds ORV park, as outlined in the approved Mounds ORV Master Plan. Please make sure you sign in. This is an open-house format (stay with us as long as your schedule permits).

Grant funding is being sought for a new event area within the park that will provide opportunities for a technical rock crawl course targeted for 4 wheel drive vehicles. Your input will be used to refine draft concepts for use in submitting a grant application to the State of Michigan for ORV funds. Speak up!
Everyone's questions and thoughts are appreciated.

Staff from ROWE Incorporated will be assisting this process, along with county staff.

Some of the aspects of the design that we seek input on includes:
- How do we create opportunities for various skill levels and/or equipment?
- How do we define circulation patterns?
- What do we need to provide for safety issues?
- How many users should be expected on a daily basis vs. special tournaments?

There are forms for additional written comments, please use these to explain your thoughts.
Constructive solutions are welcomed!

Thanks again for your participation!

See less See more
#4 ·
not sure to be honest with you, but if you willing, please feel free to contact my hubby Chris via PM or at camomech@gmail.com. I know he is planning to attend the meeting and will present any information you have. I'm sure he will also talk with you prior to the meeting if you have questions/concerns/etc. to make sure that he is clear on your stance and make sure your voice is heard. He can also get you in touch with Genesee County Parks and Rec directly if you feel more comfortable. We have been working with them for a few years on keeping open lines of communication and they are very open to suggestions and comments from folks unable to attend meetings.

#5 ·
Mr. Burns,
Hello! My name is Kristin Leach .....
She called you "Mr. Burns" :tonka:

Nate they have had a number of photos, proposals and plans sent to them already. This is the type of opportunity where showing up and telling them what we want is the way to get the point across. If you have something you want to get to them but can't make it there yourself, send it to me and I will take it with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.