Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

No help

3K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  BadMoonRacing500 
#1 ·
Does anyone else have a hard time getting friends over to help wrench? I have a nice heated pole barn with a stocked fridge, nice tools and a good radio but have a hell of a time to get any company.

Usually I don't necessarily need help just some company would be nice. It seems like its getting harder and harder to get people to come over. It doesn't help I guess that all of my friends that were into jeeping now don't have a jeep.

I guess the upside is right now I'm working in the shed with the radio cranked up with Rhianna on more beer for me.:)

#23 ·
I prefer to work alone the vast majority of the time, even when it's twice as hard to do it on my own. If I need help I'll get it but usually when people are around it's to drink beer and not do anything productive.

#24 ·
No Hanson on my playlist. I do have one playlist that has some hip/hop rap on it that people were busting my balls for playing at the mustache run.

Usually I prefer to work alone also, I'm pretty picky about my stuff but when your pulling a Dana 60 it's nice to have another set of hands.

And no I don't discuss my "feelings". Lol

#27 ·
Usually the only time I get "help" is when I don't need it, with the exception of my Dad. He's a go-getter but runs out of steam around dinnertime. I already dug 4 holes and planted fruit trees in them this morning. Most people I know aren't up yet.

There are a lot of people that I only see when they want to work on shit in my garage (which usually involves around me working on their shit in my garage). That has been thinning out also though as people keep buying Ford, Fiat (Chrysler), or foreign so I don't work on it. It's been pretty quiet around here since last fall.

I don't really miss it. But I can't blame the garage being a mess on anyone else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.