Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

New offroad park in Canada.

10K views 103 replies 26 participants last post by  rolledb4 
#1 ·
Last week while pre-running for Gitchee Gumee, GLFWDA was invited out to check out some private land by the owner. She has 122 acres of absolutely awesome Canadian property! It has mud holes, steep up hill dirt hills with rocks and rock courses. She currently has about 15 different trails and from what little we saw, on a scale of 1-5, the difficulty ranges from 3 to 5+. There are rock challenges that will push the limit of any vehicle including buggies.

Her goal is to turn this into a park type setting. The current setup is $10 per day per vehicle and you have to sign a liability waiver. The property is roughly 20-30 minutes outside of Sault St Marie Canada.

This is the same property the Loonie Run is run on.

If you are interested in checking it out, contact Charlene at 705-781-2201.

Recognize that this is a start up venture and is currently very primitive.

Ironman will be posting pics of this soon.

#12 · (Edited)
Loonie run was held there 2 years ago,and that property is awesome.Curly is the guy who has the cabin up in the woods there, and him and his girlfriend Chelsea are always working on opening more trails there.I was just there in July running with them,and some of the terrian there is quite capable of busting 60s.Looking forward to running it next weekend.

#25 ·
Wrong Prop. Uproctoy But There Is Trails There Were A 33 Locked One End Can Do Just Not First Thing In The Spring Or Late In The Fall ,ya When You Where There Last Whiterhino We Got That Brutal Rain Storm But In July And Aug. A 33 Can Run And Have A Blast There Is A Couple Of Trails For The Lighter Duty Rig I Just Don't Run Them.i Have Guys Come Up With 33 And 35 And Wheel All Summer Long (the Dry Season).and We Do Have Alot Of Bypasses Best Thing Is Come In See

#29 ·
For everyone ........ This property will change your life! If you want to test the limits of you and your rig, come to Canada with us. Me, Q Custom, and many of the other Williamsburg Welfare Wheelers go up here numerous times a year.(spring, early summer, late summer, Loonie Run) It's worth the drive and you will not be disappointed.

For all you flatlander web wheelers with everything from the Poison Spyder catalog and high pinion custom D60s bolted to your TJ..... Wheelin Canada and Charlene's property will "learn ya" REAL fast on how to wheel your rig. If you want to learn how that long arm suspension (on which you guys spent THOUSANDS) is really suppose to work on something other than pot holes and expansion joints on Van **** or I-75, then get your ass up to this property. After wheelin up here you will NEVER look at wheelin the same. Dunes, Pig Gig, Mounds????? They will be a bore after this place.

Now I have talked to many from the lower half of the state and noticed a "fear and apprehension" about running trails this hard. Rightfully so, I was scared the first time I went up there years ago. But being a teacher of sorts, I have felt the need to educate the less experienced. I, with the help of a couple of the other Welfare Wheelers, offer weekend packages to go up to Canada and Charlene's property. Included in the price is your entry fees for two days to the park, hotel room just a few miles away, breakfast each morning, and personally guided by myself and others who are VERY familiar with the terrain and have wheeled it for years. If you are lucky........you might even get some one on one time with the infamous "Curly." We will help guide you through some of the hardest and most difficult trails you have ever seem. I guarantee the words, "We're going to drive up that!!!???" will cross you lips at least once:) You will come away with a new found respect and heightened driver abilities. TRUST ME!!!

To top it all off, you will meet some of the nicest people in the world. Our Canadian friends up there are very generous and friendlier than you could ever imagine. They can be rough around the edges, but people you would definitely want as friends. That's why I go back every year as many times as I can.

#47 ·
...I, with the help of a couple of the other Welfare Wheelers, offer weekend packages to go up to Canada and Charlene's property. Included in the price is your entry fees for two days to the park, hotel room just a few miles away, breakfast each morning, and personally guided by myself and others who are VERY familiar with the terrain and have wheeled it for years. If you are lucky........you might even get some one on one time with the infamous "Curly." We will help guide you through some of the hardest and most difficult trails you have ever seem. I guarantee the words, "We're going to drive up that!!!???" will cross you lips at least once:) You will come away with a new found respect and heightened driver abilities. TRUST ME!!!
Oh, yes this is the property that just graced the pages of Petersen's this past issue. I actually took the writer up there with me and flopped my Jeep on his side just 5 minutes into one of our first trails. HARDCORE!

So, what I got out of this is that I can pay you to teach me to be "HARDCORE!" by flopping my Jeep on it's side within 5 minutes of entering a trail.

I'll pass, thanks.

Besides, I don't have Dana 60s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.