Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Comcast cable?

903 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  PavementPounder 
#1 ·
I have one cable out-let. From that I have a 3 way splitter. One for the living room (which works fine, gets all the channels), one for the computer (also works fine), and the 3rd for the TV's in the bedrooms.... those has issues. For what ever reason the bedrooms don't get channel 2, 4, sometimes 7??
I don't get it, why do the other channels come in fine and those don't?
And ideas? Or should I call Comcast?

#7 ·
the lower channels like 2 come in a lower freq. so that is why some lower channels might work and your higher will work, usally its the other way around tho, the higher channels aka freq has greater lose and you lose chanels there, sounds like your drop might have water in it if everything else is fine

#9 ·
hehe ok more question you said bedrooms and tvs so there has to be another splitter, what kind of splitter are those off of, if you have a normal three way right off the bad your lost should be 5.5 dbmv off each leg and if you have another 2 way for maybe two bedrooms you will be loosing a another 3.5 dbmv off each leg and sounds like you have old RG59 running in your apartment so even 100 ft of that you could be loosing 10dbmv, but like I said you should be loosing your higher channels before your lower ones unless you have a drop problem

#12 ·
Cube said:
hehe ok more question you said bedrooms and tvs so there has to be another splitter, what kind of splitter are those off of, if you have a normal three way right off the bad your lost should be 5.5 dbmv off each leg and if you have another 2 way for maybe two bedrooms you will be loosing a another 3.5 dbmv off each leg and sounds like you have old RG59 running in your apartment so even 100 ft of that you could be loosing 10dbmv, but like I said you should be loosing your higher channels before your lower ones unless you have a drop problem

That's why she needs one of these 12 or 15db boosters I have here! :sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.