Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

anyone else chuckle at circuit citys website

3K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  RockyMTN05 
#1 · (Edited)
#13 ·
I used to work there, glad I don't anymore. I feel bad for my friends that work there. I am going in tomorrow to pick up a laptop on the cheap. Doesn't make me feel any better about my friends.

#14 ·
I wrenched at Pep Boys in Bay City when they closed. With no warning they swooped in and made sure nobody stuffed their pockets. It's too bad because I liked the place and I made pretty good money there. I still keep up with one of the guys I used to work with there.

#16 ·
I imagine you think your job is good and your company wont go out of business, but its sad for a sick fuck ( like you ) to think of this many peoples misfortune is a funny thing:thumb:

#20 ·
Founded in 1949 as the Wards Company, Circuit City is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. At the time of the liquidation announcement (January 16, 2009), the company operated 567 stores in 153 media markets in the U.S. and approximately 765 retail stores and dealer outlets in Canada

Is circuit city the old montgomery wards?

#26 ·
So I went to the Flint Store today to see what they got. The prices won't get real good for at least another week or so.

If the price says 'Sale' then there is no additional money off.
If the price doesn't say 'Sale' then they will take an additional 10% off.

Most stores in the area will still receive merchandise, so they won't be putting more discounts until the stores have received the bulk of remaining inventory.

I was upset for the staff, they were getting rude customers. I almost told a guy off for being rude to an associate, it seems the public forgets they will soon be out of a job. I hate going out into the public.

#27 ·
So I went to the Flint Store today to see what they got. The prices won't get real good for at least another week or so.

If the price says 'Sale' then there is no additional money off.
If the price doesn't say 'Sale' then they will take an additional 10% off.

Most stores in the area will still receive merchandise, so they won't be putting more discounts until the stores have received the bulk of remaining inventory.

I was upset for the staff, they were getting rude customers. I almost told a guy off for being rude to an associate, it seems the public forgets they will soon be out of a job. I hate going out into the public.
x infinity.

I saw a woman screaming at a Kmart employee because they couldn't re-tag a clothing item right away. Poor guy's just wheeling stuff out, doesn't even have a tag machine.

#32 ·
I saw around 8 of them saturday. I did laugh at that. One guy was just standing on the corner with his sign laying face down in the snow.

I went in just to poke around, and it was an absolute mad house. I didnt understand, the sales arnt even very good. I needs to get me a 32-37 lcd or plasma for like 50% off. Then I went to Best Buy and bugged my buddy who works there about price matching.

But lets not worry now. Oblahblabla is going to fix everything tommarow. We have nothing to worry about come tommarow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.