Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Pics from Colorado

2K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Steve-in-Petoskey 
#1 · (Edited)
Mountainous landforms Mountain Highland Nature Wilderness

Mountainous landforms Mountain Highland Natural landscape Mountain range

Wilderness Outdoor recreation Nature reserve Natural environment Adventure

I spotted a bunch of cutthroats in the shallows. I really want to go back and fish for them.

Body of water Water resources Natural landscape Lake Reservoir

My parents are way down at the bottom. Jill and I climbed until we got too chicken to get any higher. It was all really loose rocks.

Body of water Nature Wilderness Tarn Mountain

Adventure Wilderness Outdoor recreation Recreation Mountain

See less See more
#6 ·
All those are from a lake in the never summer mountain range on highway 14 west of Fort Collins. If you want more info pm me and I will gladly tell you the exact location. It is a place I have been going for 10 years and it keeps getting busier so I don't want to give away the location for the masses. Are you bringing a rig out here or just vacation? I am just east of greeley so if you are in the neighborhood give me a shout!

#13 ·
balsam fir shortleaf black spruce Tree Tropical and subtropical coniferous forests Spruce-fir forest

Tree sugar pine Larix lyalliiSubalpine Larch Wilderness balsam fir

Tree Tropical and subtropical coniferous forests Forest Natural environment Spruce-fir forest

Mountainous landforms Highland Mountain Nature Natural landscape

Tree Vegetation Forest Tropical and subtropical coniferous forests Nature reserve

Some unlucky guy went off the side of the road on a sharp corner on carmichael pass. It is an old Hudson that has been wedged against some trees for decades. I have "walked" down to it on a previous trip out here it is mostly still there except a few parts that I'm guessing were robbed off it.

Nature reserve Old-growth forest Tree Forest Biome

#17 ·
Well if you make it sooner than later you have a place to stay and a tour guide! :sonicjay:

We are planning to climb one of the 14,000 foot mountains while we are out here. We are just trying to figure out which one is in our skill/ fitness level. I can just imagine how much it will hurt my fat ass making a long hike at that altitude. I am good until around 10,000-11,000. The air is getting pretty thin up there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.