Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Sandbagging - Renamed - APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION

25K views 147 replies 48 participants last post by  blue_toy 
#1 · (Edited)
So for all you haters here's my attempt at a buggy build so i can compete with you the "Big Boys".......not in my toyota.........watch out for what you wish for....:finger:

First time from scratch build, so here is goes...actually started 2 yrs ago ....never went anywhere... it wil be a 4 seater, I promised my kids

1 3/4" DOM
125" wb
419 front mog axles (front and rear steer)
05' 5.3 L33
turbo 350
atlas 3.8
front rear 2" DOM 4 link w/coilovers
49" iroks
recentered stock 20" unimog rims
Inner Air Bead Lock and rock rings

I've made decent progress over the last couple months, here is some pics

#105 ·
That turned out really cool :rock:

I like the video....Johnny, no, Johnny noooo...it doesn't have brakes yet....it's ok....

Can't wait to hear you open it up. Those portals give you a crazy amount of ground clearance. :thumb:

#106 ·
cant wait to see you try the ledge this weekend..see you guys saturday..

#109 ·
Ya know Mike, if you wanted to show us how pretty the new rig is underneath you coulda just told us to look under it:poke:

I'll have pics and video up lookin like Thurs. Loooong couple days at work comin up.

The new rig sounds and looks great.........should be damn impressive once you get used to her.:thumb:

#114 ·
Here's a few pics .....will get video up tomorrow
Here is some video, it is mostly the blue bug, but there is some of Luke and Jacob as well. Erin and Becky didn't want to break the rear axle, as it was a day that they were breaking.

Wheeling with Friends and Unemployed Films. - YouTube
Thanks Becky, Jacob, and John for the pics and video gives me a different perspective.....not to mention the winch help

Awsome job on the build!!! looks like all the hard (fun) work payed off by the way it wheels. :rock:
Thanks Cory, it still isn't finished, needs lots of little things adjusted or changed, but i do love how easy it does what my Toyota struggled with..

#122 · (Edited)
So it been a while, this thing is still evolving. I figured it was time to give it a name, APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION.......just seems fitting cause people have refered to it as a monster. Had about a half dozen runs on it. Its been flip about 3 times. I love how easy it tackles obsticles compared to my Toyota. Still needs some abuse and time will tell where is the weak link.

Finally have front and rear hydraulic suck down finidhed, they help when climbing and help to not roll as easy, rear anti-rock sway bar.....this seems to be a big help with body roll, hopefully will reduce the rollovers.

Built my own SS gas tank out 7 gauge, my aluminum RCI (junk) store bough tank split on the Loonie Run...

Still needs little things, winch adjusted, more SS panels, radio hooked up

can't wait for this season of events

below are some latest pics.....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.