Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

sandblasting a trailer

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  8PTBUCK 
#1 ·
anyone know or do sandblasting ? need a 18 ft car hauler sand blasted mainly the frames i will be taking the floors off due to rust. any infos or leads let me know

#3 ·
Karl Russell in Byron. He's got a shop completely set up for that stuff.... 810-599-2705
They do a really nice job. Just did a friend of mine's skid steer trailer. Looks brand new.. Blasted, new fenders, new wiring lights, and painted. Not hack work.

#17 ·
He does not do mobile anymore but has a large indoor booth. His number is (248) 437-6960. I had him look at my 18' trailer and he said it would be around $800 to blast it. It still had 75% of the original paint intact and not too much deep rust, but blasting through all the dot reflective stickers was going to take a while. I ended up buying a new trailer instead.

Dan

#20 ·
Bump. I'm looking at buying a 18' flatbed with a wood deck. The frame will need to be blasted. Not much paint left, just surface rust. I have some places to call to get a price thanks to this thread, but does anybody know prices off hand? I read between $400 to $1000. Just wondering if anybody has a close estimate on what this would cost. Also if anybody on here sand blasts, I'd rather support you first. Thanks:thumb:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.