Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

94 wrangler, 35",locker, never wheeled*moved to the pub, great read*

7K views 109 replies 38 participants last post by  Mclovin 
#1 ·
Hey,
I was thinking of selling my jeep but was not sure what they go for after they have been modded. I apologize if i posted this in the wrong section. Here is my jeep, http://greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=393. I was wondering what i should ask for it? It runs great, and has never been taken off roading, and mechanically sound. Thanks for your input

#10 · (Edited)
cmujeeper said:
I would say you could get 5 or 6 K out of it but much much more in the real (non GL4x4) world. I would say maybe 9,000 on autotrader.

I could be way off but people that don't wheel pay a heck of a lot more then webwheelers :D

Nice Jeep. However, I think Drew has been hitting the crack pipe again. If anyone paid $9K for a 12-year-old YJ (regardless of how nice it is), they should probably be slapped silly. Just my $.02. I think that $5-6K would be reasonable.

The other thing you'll be fighting is convincing people that it's never been wheeled, as it has offroad-specific upgrades. I don't know you, but wouldn't believe that it hasn't been wheeled before, personally.

Craig

#13 ·
You can just look at my jeep and tell that its never been wheeled by the condition it is in. And people that know my brother and i know that my brother would kick the shit out of me if i wheeled it. Im gonna put it on ebay soon and see what it goes for, thanks tho

#14 ·
casej18 said:
You can just look at my jeep and tell that its never been wheeled by the condition it is in. And people that know my brother and i know that my brother would kick the shit out of me if i wheeled it. Im gonna put it on ebay soon and see what it goes for, thanks tho
Eh, I beg to differ, When you see my Jeep after I spend the day cleaning it looks like it has never been offroad. But then again, I am just a big web wheeler:rock:

#17 ·
1x1_Speed_Craig said:
Nice Jeep. However, I think Drew has been hitting the crack pipe again. If anyone paid $9K for a 12-year-old YJ (regardless of how nice it is), they should probably be slapped silly. Just my $.02. I think that $5-6K would be reasonable.

The other thing you'll be fighting is convincing people that it's never been wheeled, as it has offroad-specific upgrades. I don't know you, but wouldn't believe that it hasn't been wheeled before, personally.

Craig
I have not been hitting the crack pipe and there are a lot of super rich stupid people in the SE part of MI that would pay a TON of money for a rust free jeep already done up.

good luck on Ebay.

#18 ·
cmujeeper said:
I have not been hitting the crack pipe and there are a lot of super rich stupid people in the SE part of MI that would pay a TON of money for a rust free jeep already done up.

good luck on Ebay.
yep.

anyone done an autotrader search lately? for old YJ's, it's incredible what people/dealers are asking. yes, I'm aware that asking prices do not equal sale prices.

but in the "real world" it's amazing how well SWBs hold their value.

but as an example, my father in law's neighbor has an '00 TJ Sport - 16k miles on it. he's asking $17,500 for it.

sorry, but I wouldn't pay that much for a 6 year old Jeep product, but someone may in fact do so.

to determine a price however, some additional information will also play a large part in how much the perceived worth is.

mileage, motor, and trans. IF they were mentioned on that "ad post" that was linked, and relinked, I apologize.

nice looking YJ regardless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.