Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

U.S. Marine slaps army reserve hardass

10K views 123 replies 38 participants last post by  Coyote Red 
#1 ·
#53 ·
Officers demand respect. That's the problem. They think they are above the law and above the citizens they serve.
The jackass smoker in the video was being an idiot, and the officer made an idiot move shortly there after.. There both assholes of the same kind and they came tougher. We all know the outcome.

#57 ·
I was also raised to respect cops, and generally do.

However, it seems that cop misbehavior is increasing.

My (then 20 year-old) son has a long-time "friend" who is constantly getting into trouble (of his own free will). I'll call him "D". A local cop is looking for "D", and stops a group of 20-ish year old guys that includes "D". When asked, "D" (knowing they're looking for him for "questioning") gives my kid's name and claims not to be carrying ID. My kid's at work in another city. Cops leaves, guys go on their way.

Quickly, the word about "D" getting one over on this cop gets around (small town, little crime, not much to do). Cop is embarrassed.

Cop decides to target my kid, so that he will deliver "D" to him. He explains that since "D" used his name, he's now part of the problem (cop won't why he wants to talk to "D"). Cops starts pulling son over 2-3 times a week. Tickets for "rolling stops", "parked too far from curb", 35 in a 30 zone, and my favorite "not stopping before exiting a driveway". All same cop. Each time he asks my son where "D" is - son answers (truthfully) that he doesn't know - he lives on people's couches and drifts around college towns.

Kid's car insurance goes up, based on tickets (even though judge started knocking them all down to "impeding traffic"/minimum fine/no costs after seeing number and same officer on each.

I talk to cop and get explanation that since "D" used my kid's name, he's now "an accessory" to something that he can't explain ("active investigation"). Cop then runs intimidation game on me (steps very close to show he's larger, put sunglasses on while talking, raises voice and gestures aggressively, etc...). Next day wife gets pulled over on way to work (same cop) and questioned about dark windows in truck (factory) and contents of boxes in truck (she's a hospice nurse). I get stopped (same cop) on bike to "verify my helmet is DOT approved" and see if I have an endorsement. Come to see same cop photographing my Jeep parked in driveway ('there's been some vandalism with an offroad vehicle").

I talk to Township Supervisor and Police Chief. Police Chief weasels around and tries to defend cop's actions.

Respect for cops? Severely damaged, all because of one abusing the position and being defended by leadership.

#58 ·
This is a sad situation and has bad implications for you and the cop as well. That's horrible. It's akin to using blackmail to produce "D".

I had a similar situation, my son was being targeted by a county deputy who also went to high school with me. More than once I have been pulled over by this guy, and improperly pulled over as well.

I began a personal relationship with the "D" in my son's life, helping with money, chatting with him in person, building trust. Then one day, I called the cop on his personal phone and told him where to find the "D" in my son's life. Told him (respectfully) to leave me and my son alone. (Of course he would now, he had the target he had been after)

Although my respect for cops might be tarnished, it's still person-to-person until the next one ruins it for himself.

#65 ·
I'm still 51% positive, but quickly lose patience with douchey behavior. As stated, i think it's more an issue with smaller departments that have less to do and less oversight.

The township supervisor and I are buddies. He's also a retired USAF fighter jock, former C.O. of an F-16 wing, and retired Fed Ex pilot. He spoke to the chief (no national service) with a clarity of thought unseen in the video.

And for the record, I love Marines, or we lovingly called them "talking cargo". :teehee:

#74 ·
Ive been around a lot of Marines. I dont think they would take that lightly if they really care about there title.

You should know tsa.. unless your not proud to be a Marine. If not then thats your business but im sure you are.

#91 ·
Lol its funny how none of you are ever seen out at the mounds or any other event. It seems like all the people that actually do wheel arent douchebags on this site. Id rather have the past i have amd the life i have then be one of you miserble fucks that sit on the interent and try to be hadasses... haha pretty pathetic lives

#92 ·
Ethug much?

I'm not miserable, I enjoy my life. I am a dick in real life too. I haven't wheeled since 2009, and it doesn't make me less of a man. Just like wheeling doesn't make you more of a man.

Pretty pathetic life? Let's have a challenge dear AJ, next time you are near the Mounds and finish up a great day of being a man, get a hold of me and we'll go for a meal. And by learning about me face to face, you will be better qualified to make a judgement on me and my pathetic life.

#97 ·
This statement sums it up. You had/have no intention of defending or presenting and argument for the marine. You simply have to much time on your hand and feel like trolling. Go outside and play on the swing set untill your shift starts at Taco Bell.

I really hope the fate of our country never falls into your pathetic weak hands. Men are needed in our armed service. That's why they didnt take your pathetic ass.

#106 ·
Man ive gotten to the point where I cant express anything because people assume I mean it in the worst way or whatever they may think.. so ive pretty much given up with the people on this site. Its just not worth getting pissed about or barking back and fourth. Anyone on this site who has met me knows im not the dickbag everyone says i am. Ive also realized im an adult now and I dont have to prove a thing to people that ive never met that sit behind a screen thinking of comebacks or harsh comments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.