Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Yet Another Cell Phone Thread

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Wehan 
#1 ·
My plan was up years ago and finally decided to get in the 21st century. My brother has a Casio Commando and has had it without problems for 3 years now. This looks like my phone. It's tough and durable and affordable as of late.

My flip phone is getting tired, I've used it for 6 years now. It's time to upgrade.

Wacha think? Is there something as durable as this out there that don't cost a kings ransom? Or is this a good one?

#3 ·
I had the Casio Commando as my first smart phone. Hated it, even my buddies with droid couldn't figure out a few simple things to make it more user friendly.. I turned my flip phone back on and the Casio is on the shelf.
The touch screen stuff is very small unless you have lady fingers.
just my .02
Since I want to go back to a smartphone and am not a technology guru, I am going to a used iphone with an otterbox case.

#5 ·
Gmotox hit the nail on the head... Otterbox Defender makes any phone damn near indestructible. I have a HTC Evo 3d... I have pubic hairs thicker than the phone, and I've dropped it 2 1/2 stories onto concrete, and it's just fine.

I will never own another phone without an Otterbox Defender, they're awesome, and you can't beat their warranty.

#6 ·
I have had the defender on my 4 and 5 for going on 3 years and dropping them a ton neither broke, other than when i slammed the 4 down on its face because of being pissed about a shitty call 2 Red Wings playoffs ago :sonicjay:

#7 ·
Found an iPhone 4 on the side of the road that had been run over.... Otterbox defender was fawked but the iPhone was 97% took it home charged it turned it on and called the owner. He was dumbfounded and glad he spent the extra for the otterbox, aparently he lost it in January (girlfriend tossed it out the window during an argument) , I found it early April.

#11 ·
Depends on what case you get. I got mine from the Sprint Store. They have several levels of protection. My defender, which gives the most protection was 50 or 60. I bought my 3 years ago from the sprint store. 6 months ago I broke the plastic hinge on my holster. Called them up, told them where I bought it (no reciept) gave them ID numbers off it, and 2 days later I had 2 new cases and holsters free of charge. I know a friend that has broken his 4 times, and they replace them, free, every time with no issue, although they have started asking for a photo of the damages product.

http://www.otterbox.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.