Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#1,645 ·
Hell no,i love that shit.remember I raced bikes for years.that's baby air.I have a 80 foot double in my yard I really wanna do but I just have not built up the nerve yet.if I come up short it wouldn't be good. That jump I hit wide open in 3rd and still came up a little short. Shure is fun!

#1,644 ·
Johnny notice how big my front truss is..just sayin.lol. I have launched it a bunch.I do have billet knuckles also.

#1,646 ·
Yeah, I hear ya. I think we cracked the housing when we smoked the rock, and the single upper link ripped it apart like a dented pop can. I'm hoping that with a top truss that links the housing to the long side tube in more places as well as having a backbone will prevent that from happening. I hope the backbone slide rocks under the axle and prevents the direct hits like the last one took. We are space limited at this point, so if we frag another axle then it's chassis rework time.

Looking at some pics -- is that a stock cover?

#1,650 ·
Yes its a stock cover right now.3rd one.lol.ruff stuff coming with a pinion guard.

#1,657 · (Edited)
did some dukes of hazerd driving last weekend. and a couple shots john had from extreme truck challenge.now i have to get it pretty again for the blessing. did get a cute girl all muddy.:teehee:

Attachments

#1,658 ·
so the 46"s are a little harder on parts. ripped the caps out of the rear yoke 3 times last weekend.(yoke ended up being cracked)twisted the front drive shaft into a pretzel.had 1350 stuff on rear.going to change to 1410 front and rear. all new dom 1/2 wall drive shafts.flanges on the axle sides. pulling the ford 205 back out and changing some braces and drilling some new holes. next.....

#1,668 ·
time to make it sound good also..anybody have suggestions on a short small muffler I can run on each side.been looking at the short sprint mufflers from speedway.but I think it will be stupid loud. has to be like a small cherry bomb.wanna run one on each side with a kickout tube.

#1,672 ·
all I see is the bullets.think there too long. needs to be short basically going to be mounted just below my 02 sensors.then need to kick out on each side.

#1,670 ·
looking at these....anybody ever hear these things?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.