Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Generac 10kw standby unit - display unit, low hours. $1400

2K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  TJontherox 
#1 · (Edited)
10kw, low hours, display unit. Runs perfect, makes tasty power. I'll include a transfer switch and battery for an additional $450. No warranty, sold as is. I can deliver in oakland county, or load up your pickup / trailer in auburn hills.

This generator was facing the south, so it saw the sun all day, and the powder coating is slightly faded, as is the decal on the front. With some elbow grease, it should look really nice.

This unit was used to show the sound difference between the 560CC and 990CC engines, but I just swapped it out to the new product line. This generator is extremely quiet!

Generator only: $1400
Generator with 12 position automatic switch, 30' of wiring, and a battery: $1850

this pic makes it look horrible, but there is no oxidation except for on the exhaust manifold. It will clean up to look like new.

See less See more
#12 ·
That is the rating on LP. It will output 9kw on nat gas. Remember, you never want to run a generator at 80% rating or higher for any extended period of time. This particular generator can handle a 140% in rush, so 12,600W on nat gas, 14,000W on LP, or what you are probably referring to as "starting wattage" to clear your motor's locked rotor rating

#13 ·
Is it better to put the generator near the gas source or the electrical source? Mine is separated by 60'. I already have a portable generator transfer panel installed and generator feed wire run from the panel to the gas panel end of the house.

Is it feasible to swap out the transfer panel and use the existing feed wire, add the control wires with this setup?

#16 ·
I want a setup like this for my new house. I just spent 30k on my kitchen, so I'm not sure how much more I can spend right now. I'm gonna run this by the wife and see if we can get this.

#19 ·
Depending on the insulation a size 10 copper can be rated for 40 amps and be within code. Type NM wire (Romex) is rated a lot lower than some other types of wire like THHN or MTW.

(6 or 8 is always a better option)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.