Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

27,185.3 miles 49 states, 9 provinces in 6 months & 1 day... WOW What a ride!

8K views 100 replies 62 participants last post by  STOGIE 
#1 ·
Since it will only allow me to post 40 pics in a single post...... watch for the rest of them in a response to this thread!

See less See more
#52 ·
Excellent trip.

Did you visit a lot of National Parks while traveling on this trip?
As many as I could! I picked up an annual pass before I left and that helped out tons...... I think I hit 14 or 15 NaTIONAL pARKS....

#51 ·
It was absolutely fine..... I averaged 60 -70 mph...... I think because on a bike I could navigate through the "best route" while going through the gravel patches and frost heaves....

#61 ·
Did you have a GPS with you? Would love to see the routes you took. To accomplish the 27k+ miles.
Nope just some good old fashioned maps......

I started in Phoenix, AZ and rode across to North Carolina.... then down to Key West, FL, over to New Orleans, then up & over to Dallas, TX.... then up to Kansas and East through Missouri through Illinois and into Kentucky...... Then I went north through Indiana and back home to michigan for my Cousins wedding.... I was home for 3 days and then left through the UP and across Wisconsin & Minnesota to almost the N. Dakota line where I took Hwy 59 up into Winnepeg, Manitoba...... I went west on Highway 1 all the way to Calgary.... then up through Banff & Jasper to Grand Cashe, Brittish Columbia and over to Dawson Creek to get on the Alaskan Highway..... Up to Fort Nelson, then I took a day trip up past Fort Liard into The Northwest Territory and back to Fort Nelson.... then heades west into Whitehorse, Yukon.... thats where I turnd north up the Klondike Highway and went into Dawson City, Yukon where I started on "The Top of the World Highway" into Alaska..... through Chicken, AK and into Tok, AK then over to Fairbanks...... Up to the Arctic Circle on the Dalton Highway where I blew out my fork seals and had to return to Fairbanks. (Yes, I said I blew a pair of seals at the arctic circle! LOL).... Fixed the bike and went to the Palmer/Wasilla area just north of Anchorage..... I stayed there for 2 weeks and rode all over southern AK..... When i left..... I went over to tok, AK and took the Alaskan Highway all the way back to Dawson Creek, BC and then made my way south towards Seattle....... I rode the Coastal Highway 1 all the way down to San Fransisco.... over through sacramento into Lake Tahoe and up to Reno, NV..... back to Lake Tahoe and South through Yosimte, Kings Canyon, Sequoia, and Death Valley National parks over to Vegas ...... into the Monument Valley of Utah..... Up to Butte, Montana..... over and down into Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons..... Over to Cheyanne and down into Denver, CO...... up & over to Nebraska, then nOrth up to Bismark, North Dakota and over to Minneapolis, MN then Milwaukee, WI...... I rode the ferry across lake Michigan and into Ann Arbor to see my Dad who was at the UofM Hospital..... I was home for a week to "re-gear" and took off through Windsor, ON..... I rode all the way to Montreal, Quebec where I turned South to Albany.... I then rode west through VT & NH and got on I-95 and rode it north to the end and into New Bruswick. (had I known Nova Scotia & Prince Edward Isle were so close I would have gone there too!) Then Blasted South on I-95 into Boston, NYC, Newark, Philly, into Washington DC.....where I got the call from MOM that Dad wasn't doing well and I needed to get home ASAP.......... I blasted across VA on I-66, North on 81 for a few miles and west on Highway 50...... across West Virginia and turned north onto I-77 ..... then went west on I-70 into Columbus and then North on US-23 back into Michigan....

Google won't map my route..... When I get a wall map, Intend to draw it out and then post a photo...

#54 ·
I've taken over 10K pics and I'm trying to sift through and organize them before I get to posting them....

#53 ·
I hate to break it to you, but a guy was just explaining to me that there's no way you can ride any kind of real distance on a Dyna.

Don't you feel silly.

Very cool pics.

Thats funny! My fat and outta shape ass did it..... and if my Father wasn't sick & mom needed help around the house, I'd still be out there keepin on keepin on!

"Being a biker isn't for pussies!"

#55 ·
I met this cat out at the Grand Canyon...... the dude is from London, England and had his bike shipped to Fairbanks, AK and is riding down to the Southern most tip of Argentina, then shipping his bike to the southern horn of Africa and will ride back north to London..... this dude is bad ass!
http://blogs.statravel.com.au/sundance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.