Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

my new powerstroke!

9K views 64 replies 34 participants last post by  Grassman 
#1 · (Edited)
ok guys and girls here are the pics

08 F350 XLT, 6.4 twin turbo (she moves) i got the tow cammand system with upfitter switches and some other dodads

so far 10.5 mpg (ouch) but the motor only has 400 miles, its my first ext cab but so far i like it. now i can take the fam with me to fo wheeling and no one has to ride bitch.

does anybody know if there is a good programmer or chip to help my mpg's?

anyway let me know what you think!

See less See more
#40 ·
all im gonna say, is next time you see me, i am gonna make you drive mine. it will knock your socks off

don't plan on getting in the upper teens as far as mileage. a stock 4x2 f250 with a 6.4 barely gets 9-10. and as far as that programmer, don't plan on getting any warranty work being done on the drive train. i worked at a ford dealer, and we had a 6.4 f350 with a different tip on the exhaust and had to decline the warranty work. so just don't break anything and expect it to be covered under warranty.
wont be a problem, i have taken care of this already.

and today on the highway i was at 15.4!!!

#39 ·
don't plan on getting in the upper teens as far as mileage. a stock 4x2 f250 with a 6.4 barely gets 9-10. and as far as that programmer, don't plan on getting any warranty work being done on the drive train. i worked at a ford dealer, and we had a 6.4 f350 with a different tip on the exhaust and had to decline the warranty work. so just don't break anything and expect it to be covered under warranty.

#42 ·
banks six gun kit is ur best bet if u bont want much smoke at all. sct is a great company and all they deal with is ford so they know what they are doing. i have been told by a ford mechanic that every chip is supposed to void your factory warrenty even if you take it out when you take it in they will find out that the computer has been tampered with. also check with your dealer just because ford says that it voids your warrenty doesnt mean that your mechanic will tell them you have a chip.right now in the country if work comes in there gonna take it. ahve fun with the new truck and get rid of that exhaust asap!!

#58 ·
he just drove it back from his farm in pa which is 985 miles round trip. and doing 70 the whole trip he averaged 20 and that is also what his overhead display said. now before you say," oh its lifted and has bigger tires, it has to be off" the new black maxx programmers let you go in and change all of that info to compensate for the tire sizes.

#59 ·
i have seen as high as 600 miles to a tank in my cummins once. 23 gallon tank.

600/23=26.086

i have never seen that again.

i see an average of around 400-450 a tank right now in the cold or pushing my v plow.

thats still 19.565 when im running down the high way where my truck spends alot of time.

with the plow on all the time i will get around 17.5 or so with a 9.2 v plow.

in the summer running down the highway i will get on average 24mpg. some will call it bullshit but id call it lucky. its not un heard of to pull that kinda mileage in a 24v cummins

#63 ·
I have not heard anyone with the new powerstrokes getting much over 15 unloaded, they are thirsty. One lumber yard up here has a f450 with maybe a 12' flatbed, dually 4x4, and they can push 10mpg with it if they baby it real easy.

My last work truck was an 08 Dodge 2500 crew cab, long bed, 4x4 with the 6.7L, in 1 year we put 110k miles on it and I bet you at least $15k worth of warranty work( but that is another story). But that truck is dead nuts stock right down to the tires and it will easily see 19mpg unloaded on the highway. After about 50k miles the mpg's started to get noticably better from when we bought the truck. Its a lease truck so we can't modify it in any way, which sucks.

My last person diesel truck was a 2000 F250, 7.3L, auto, 3.55 gears, 4" lift, 35" tires, with an exhaust, with 55k miles on it. I could honestly count on between 17-19mpg on the highway, and a solid 14mpg pulling my jeep on a flatbed, about 6500lbs.

#65 ·
:sonicjay: with my tuner on 210, i cant keep it under 75 its just too much fun!!

rumor has it that me and a few buddies are gonna hit the 1/4 mile with the tow rigs this summer. :naughty: anyone got stickies for a 1 ton i can borrow?
i got a spartan and dpf delete from cobbs diesel. (john is a real good guy to deal with)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.