Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

buying shrimp online??

2K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  TomH 
#1 ·
I am throwing a big party for my 25th birthday this month and I am looking at buying some fresh shrimp off the internet. I want them fresh, never frozen. anyone ever do this before?

#2 ·
most will come frozen. when my gramps ships them to me from alaska. he freezes them as soon as he gets them on shore and then sends them to me.

hes a commercial fishermen as well.

#4 ·
This has fail written all over it..... or so I would say if I havent done this before.

Ive ordered live lobster from maine multiple times. Every shipment the meat arrived cold, fresh, (and most importantly for lobster) alive. On top of that, its still cheaper than buying the crap they stock at meijer, tastes better too.

Though, the only reason I ordered from this company was because I buy fish from them off their wharf when I spend time out there. There was already a decent level of trust.

#6 ·
If you don't mind a drive, there is a shrimp farm on Meridian Road just south of Grand River near Okemos. They have some weird hours, so call them for details. If you call ahead they will prep them for you and de-vein them. They have some monster sized jumbo shrimp, which I would think is an oxymoron...

#7 ·
I have 2 suggestions, if you are near royal oak, Superior Fish Market has fresh stuff

the other is saltwater.com will ship live stuff, but it gets expensive to eat them. If you go this route, let me know if the pepermint shrimp taste like peppermint.

#10 ·
buyfreshshrimpontehinterwebs.com

#20 ·
Thanks guys, I figured someone on here had experience with this. I am looking for the really big shrimp, 6 to 10 per LB. If I wanted frozen shrimp I would go to meijers.:poke: i do a TON of fishing and freezing fish always detracts from the flavor. always. I am going to have to look into the shrimp farm.

I always do. If you count on other people to do something they always do it wrong.:fish:

Send me some money, I will go down to the docks and get some for you, pack it in ice and ship it next day air.

A 30 bomb of busch will net you about a 24-26 pound grouper.
Also a 30 pack of busch heavy for a 5 gallon pail of 21-30 count shrimp.

Also, if you sit there and drink with them, you will usually get better deals.

Commercial fishermen are fucking funny.

Commercial shrimpers are even funnier.
I just might do that.:thumb:

#13 ·
Send me some money, I will go down to the docks and get some for you, pack it in ice and ship it next day air.

A 30 bomb of busch will net you about a 24-26 pound grouper.
Also a 30 pack of busch heavy for a 5 gallon pail of 21-30 count shrimp.

Also, if you sit there and drink with them, you will usually get better deals.

Commercial fishermen are fucking funny.

Commercial shrimpers are even funnier.

#22 ·
Hi. Its 2010. we have airplanes. this enables us to ship things from point A to point B in 24 hours. If I bought them tomorrow morning I could eat them for dinner the next day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.