Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Where is all the ammo

12K views 109 replies 48 participants last post by  schweeb 
#1 ·
I have a couple of guys at work looking for ammo. Not exactly sure what type they are looking for. Does anyone have a resource or is it the same story everywhere. SOLD OUT. just curious I guess

#45 ·
When the Saginaw one opened a couple weeks ago they limited you to three boxes of ammo and there was a four wait in the checkout. They were open till three am to get everyone through. I went in a few days later and they still had thousands of rounds of .223 but it wasn't that great of a deal and I wasn't going to wait even fifteen minutes in line for 60 rounds of anything. At the time they still had a shitload of pistols though too. All the main glocks except the 19 and about 40-50 used glock .40 cals.

#46 ·
“This morning, I lucked out and was able to buy several cases of ammo. On the way home, I stopped at the gas station, and this drop-dead-gorgeous blond was filling up her car at the next pump.”

She looked at the ammo in the back of my car and said in a very sexy voice, “I believe in barter, big boy. Would you be interested in trading sex for ammo?”

I thought it over for a few seconds and responded, “Well, just what kind of ammo have you got to trade?”

#48 ·
i just got a box of 223 wolf (20) for 8.99 at duhams .

the guy there told me that dunhams buy all the ammo for the year once a year and ship it all to the warehouse. then slow divide the ammo to the store . so with the amount of people buying and it at the time of the year that there low to begin with. make there shelf empty

#61 ·
this is the problem
Um, NO. Its people that are waiting for the doors to open of every gun store in the state to buy as much as they possibly can and bringing friends with them to get around "per-customer" limits.

In the case of our store, we're getting more ammo now than we were this time last year because of the demand. Probably 3 times as much. But it lasts hours instead of days because people are panicking for no reason. There would be no shortage if everyone would knock the shit off.

The 360 boxes of 50ct 9mm that my store just got was gone in hours. The 200 boxes that the store got the week before that, the same. This time last year, we would get three 10 box cases (30 boxes) and that lasted a week.

STOP panic buying and this would be OVER.

#54 ·
I need some .223 badly.....and it has to be .223 since i have a bolt gun.....but i have searched everywhere i can think of within a good distance of my house and came up empty....have been able to stock up on .45 pretty easy at a good price but no luck on .223

#58 ·
I know I'm glad I slowly got myself a small stockpile of 22lr, 223/556, 9mm and 45 before all this started. So as long as I don't go just shoot hundreds of rounds at a time just for the fun of it I should be ok till this blows over. At least I hope so. Then only thing I was a little low on was 45 to use when I carry and I was able to get some of those at a "normal" price. I even had to help out a friend that was scheduled to take a cpl class and couldn't find any 9mm so I sold him 100 rds for what I payed for it when I bought it.

#62 ·
Stopped at Cabela's today during my travels. Shelves were empty of all popular calibers.

I was browsing shotgun shells and 16ga is more than double the price of 12 and 20ga. A case of Winchester 250 rds of 6 shot 12 ga was $69. Same thing in 16 ga was $159.:confused:

Gun cases were virtually empty too. :(

#69 ·
I was kinda worried awhile ago about ammo, but that's when I just bought a handgun and couldn't find ammo to shoot it. Since then I only buy what I shoot. I keep 100 back but that's no stockpile. And websites are slowly listing it in stock. Prices aren't great but that's your choice to make.

#70 ·
I bought some 45acp from the local meijer just before Christmas and they haven't had any since. I stop in at least once a week and usually ask somebody working there. Only thing in the case lately is .410, 40, and sometimes a couple random boxes of something else.

Gander mountain did have some 45 a few weeks ago but it was a little pricey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.