Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

missed court date what happens?

26K views 175 replies 65 participants last post by  Shotgun 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
once again i hate waterford township and can't wait to move the fuck somewhere else. my gf called me the other day said i got a code enforcement letter saying that i can't have my big truck parked in my driveway, i can't have my dumpster where it's at, and i can't have my OWN vehicle tore apart in my garage. well the court date was today, and im in Missouri. Being that this is a stupid civil case what happens because i missed it? the court clerk said either i get a default judgement against me or they issue a warrant and the douchebag officer is unreachable. needless to say im royally pissed right now.

#56 ·
LOL. They did not say that. I'm guessing it's because you don't have a garage door, or you scrapped the garage door for PBR money.

before the rest of you dipshits say clean up your yard, just save it. as of now there is nothing wrong with my yard or where i live. so STFU. the main complaint against me is having my semi parked in my driveway. i have been searching to find the ordinance that says you can't have a commercial vehicle on your property. last i remember the law was you could have 1 commercial vehicle at your residence.
You suck ass at researching. If my neighbor had a semi parked in his driveway long term, I would call the township every three hours until it was gone.

no. i wish there was only because i'd find a way to stop the guy at the end of the street from driving his 10 ton dump truck and tri-axle trailer with his construction equipment up and down the street twice a day. Or i wish i could get B.A.M's auto shop to get a new driveway so there wouldn't be so much traffic on a dead end street
Call code enforcement.

i should have quit when i was home last week. then i wouldn't have this problem cuz i would have seen the asshole outside my place taking notes, and would have bitched him out then and not had a court date to worry about.
lol. If you bitch out a code enforcement officer, I bet (and hope) he would even try harder to non-white-trash your house.

i have a small 2 yard dumpster at my house as my trash service. thanks to a hook up from a friend i pay nothing for it and weekly service. i was paying 30 a month for taddonio disposal and sometimes they wouldn't even pick up the trash. so i got sick of that shit quickly. you can drive by my house right now all your gonna see is my 2 trucks in the driveway. thats it.
You're full of shit again.

i
the prick that lives 2 houses down from me works for the township in the water department, and his wife works at town hall. that guy im almost certain is the culprit as i have talked to all of the rest of my neighbors except them and non of them have ever had a problem with me.
You should be happy somebody cares about your neighborhood.

1 You're SOL is basically what i was told by the clerk and that i have to contact the officer to arrange a new court date. well i left 2 messages and haven't received a call back yet
lol. you're full of shit again. You don't need to contact an officer to arrange a court date you retard.

2 i don't have the paper in front of me. dumpster on right of way of street, commercial vehicle parked on residential property,[ vehicle parts/dismantling in a residential area is what my gf told me it said . she said the pictures they included showed the truck parked in my driveway, the dumpster located at the corner of my driveway, and my camaro with the hood up in the garage and all my parts on the floor of the garage, nothing was in the driveway at the time
And you wonder why you have issues....

3 before they redid the stupid website i read where it said 1 commercial vehicle was allowed on a residential property so long as there is a principal structure on the property as well. now i can't find it
So now after your old garbage company failed to pick up your trash, you couldn't get a hold of somebody at the court to reschedule your court date, now you're claiming that the waterford township website had inaccurate information?

i see plenty of commercial vehicles parked at houses where obviously the person who owns the business lives. never see anything done to them about it....
Are these company trucks and vans accompanied by dumpsters and peterbuilts?

it's people like you that further push the Nazi mentality down the throats of the rest of us. Fucking government wants to control every little aspect of everyones lives, because they think they know whats good for us. well they don't.
No, the problem is you're destroying the property value, and happiness of your neighbors. Even though you claim you talked to every one of them but the guy who complained (why wouldn't you talk to him??) they still hate you and think you're 113% WT.

since you fuckers are always against me on everything i say. i'm willing to bet i could go to a bunch of your houses and find at least one ordinance violation...so non of you are perfect either.
lol. I'll pay you $100 per violation you find at my house.

i have neighbors that do drugs, have loud annoying parties late at night, and the guy at the end of the street owns a construction company and drives his equipment down the street twice a day. doesn't bother me one bit. what ever happened to live and let live??
It doesn't bother you because you're already white trash.

#59 ·
LOL. They did not say that. I'm guessing it's because you don't have a garage door, or you scrapped the garage door for PBR money.

You suck ass at researching. If my neighbor had a semi parked in his driveway long term, I would call the township every three hours until it was gone.

Call code enforcement.

lol. If you bitch out a code enforcement officer, I bet (and hope) he would even try harder to non-white-trash your house.

You're full of shit again.

You should be happy somebody cares about your neighborhood.

lol. you're full of shit again. You don't need to contact an officer to arrange a court date you retard.

And you wonder why you have issues....

So now after your old garbage company failed to pick up your trash, you couldn't get a hold of somebody at the court to reschedule your court date, now you're claiming that the waterford township website had inaccurate information?

Are these company trucks and vans accompanied by dumpsters and peterbuilts?

No, the problem is you're destroying the property value, and happiness of your neighbors. Even though you claim you talked to every one of them but the guy who complained (why wouldn't you talk to him??) they still hate you and think you're 113% WT.

lol. I'll pay you $100 per violation you find at my house.

It doesn't bother you because you're already white trash.
what he said you white trash dirty fuck

#58 ·
Kodiak, just take it with a grain of salt. Who the fuck cares if you missed it? You explain to them that you are out of town because your job required you to.
Keep your project stashed away in the garage, perhaps put a car cover on it when you aren't working on it either just to be safe. You want to make sure your neighbors think you are hiding more than a Camaro, you want them to think you are hiding WMDs in your garage. Keep the garage door closed as much as you can. Tint the garage windows too if you have any.
As far as your trash can service thing goes... I'm not sure what to do about it besides building a fence or something around the dumpster. Out of sight, out of mind.

#65 ·
the dumpster has helped me tremendously keep things neat outside as well as get rid of tons of stuff. i had constant problems with raccoons getting into the trash bins and making a total mess, i also don't have to worry about storing 5 or 6 garbage bags of trash for a week waiting for the trash service. i called the trash service i currently have earlier and they basically agreed with me in that i can't put the dumpster anywhere else because they have to have easy access to it as they normally pick it up early in the morning before anyone gets up. i also know for a fact i can't build a fence around it as i can not have a fence any closer to the street then it currently is.
perfect, another medium/heavy duty diesel truck with air brakes first thing in the morning, banging a dumpster around... bet that makes all of those neighbors really happy...

ever wonder why commercially zoned property is typically required to maintain larger set-backs from residential property? and even at that why they typically are required to build masonry screen walls to isolate their service areas from said residential property?

#77 ·
well thanks for the somewhat positive review. i have done alot to try and abide by the rules since i moved into that house. putting up the fence was alot of work, and almost 2000 bucks out of my pocket. i managed to pick up all the loose parts i had in the driveway and put them out of sight. i took over 1500 lbs of scrap steel i had been collecting to the junkyard. so anyone who says i haven't done alot already have obviously not payed enough attention to the positive things i have done and only the negative.

the dumpster has helped me tremendously keep things neat outside as well as get rid of tons of stuff. i had constant problems with raccoons getting into the trash bins and making a total mess, i also don't have to worry about storing 5 or 6 garbage bags of trash for a week waiting for the trash service. i called the trash service i currently have earlier and they basically agreed with me in that i can't put the dumpster anywhere else because they have to have easy access to it as they normally pick it up early in the morning before anyone gets up. i also know for a fact i can't build a fence around it as i can not have a fence any closer to the street then it currently is.
You're pretty much screwed.
Trees and shrubs are not classified as fences. Plant yourself a privacy fence around the dumpster. Plant some more fencing around wherever you think the neighbors can see.
The best neighbors you can have are the ones that can't see you or your property.

#80 · (Edited by Moderator)
You're pretty much screwed.
Trees and shrubs are not classified as fences. Plant yourself a privacy fence around the dumpster. Plant some more fencing around wherever you think the neighbors can see.
The best neighbors you can have are the ones that can't see you or your property.
this is exactly why as soon as i can get pre approved for a mortgage im buying land in the middle of a forest, and building a house that can not be seen from any angle except overhead. i've found plenty of lots 20+ acres that are still completely wooded and fit my needs.

#97 ·
this is exactly why as soon as i can get pre approved for a mortgage im buying land in the middle of a forest, and building a house that can not be seen from any angle except overhead. i've found plenty of lots 20+ acres that are still completely wooded and fit my needs.
Why can't you just obey the laws? Even with 20+ acres, you still have neighbors. If you leave all that in front of a regular home, I can't imagine how much that could be scattered on 20 acres.

#76 ·
semi's cant be parked at any residence within a city.. almost all towns are like this.. get over it and follow the rules.. as for the garage issue.. Im assuming you cant close the door or something ?? and why the hell do you have a permanent dumpster ? I cant beleive that they would cry over a temp one.

#79 · (Edited by Moderator)
yes i do. and at the time of the report which was 1pm on the 6th of this month, i was doing stuff outside and had the garage door open. i can't recall exactly what i was doing but with it being around lunch time i was probably inside making something to eat and didn't notice code enforcement drive by, or i would have went out and asked him what the problem was.

#84 ·
Who the fuck needs a 2 yard dumpster? I have a family and we might go through 4 bags a week, maybe 6 around the holidays.

Take some pride in how your house looks, how you take care of your stuff is a reflection of you. If your spread looks like a pile of shit, people are automatically going to think you're a piece of shit too.

Reading shit like this makes me feel pretty good about myself.

#91 ·
Kodiak-

In all seriousness, do you really think your neighbors want to look at a semi and a dumpster every day?

As far as the traffic of the other dirtass, it is a public road so unless there is a sign posted with a weight limit, he has the right to drive down the road. If there is a weight limit, then you are in violation driving your semi down the road.

I admit to, and am embarrassed by, my 'project vehicle ' in the drive and the condition of my garage. True, I am out of town a lot, but I let it get the way it is. I'm cleaning it up, and it will be a long process. The last time I tried, I got a warning from the city for having a 'temporary structure' on my property- a canopy with walls so that the neighbors didn't have to look at my crap while I was sorting it out. I needed two weeks to get done, and ended up having to shove it all back in the garage because I couldn't have a canopy up. Someone may have complained, but since the code officer drives down my street every day on the way to city hall it's likely he saw it himself.
We have a new code enforcement officer who is a bit more understanding, so as I fill the back of the pickup with stuff to scrap or toss out in the dumpster at work, he doesn't complain as long as he sees progress.

See- here's the problem. Your attitude in this is immature. "It's my house, I'll do what I want!"
You are being inconsiderate of those around you. I used to think that way, but then I grew up.

#92 ·
I didnt read all of this thread but, did anyone ask for a pic of said driveway/ yard so we know really how bad it is?

Can we get a pic?

#101 ·
Kodiak- Here is your big chance. Circulate a petition to recall the twp board because they are picking on you. Form a committee to rewrite the local ordinances to allow dumpsters, junk cars, and large trucks in driveways. Don’t let the “man” get your dirt ass up out of the gutter!
Fixed!

#108 ·
if that google satellite image is at all accurate currently or at anytime during your ownership, the city/ neighbors have every right to be complaining. Damn man, I thought everyone was just screwing with you about being dirty before looking at that.

#109 ·
unless he is buying it on an unrecorded land contract, he doesn't own it. I didn't take note of the specific owner's name when I was sifting through the PRD database, but it was not the same last name that "James" has, nor did it appear to be a relation - but with divorces, and all sorts of other complicated family matters these days it's hard to say for certain without tapping into other, more restricted access databases.

not something I was going to do during lunch over something so trivial.

#110 ·
Stop your whining, put the junk in the garage, get rid of the dumpster, maybe get a compactor, and get a normal trash service.

Your neighbors probably don't want to smell all that dingy, wet, maggot ridden trash.

As for the tractor park it at a truck stop and have your wife/other pick you up (like most respectable drivers do). Yes your talking like a hour in your case. But it is your fault for your bad planning.

Tell your employer you need to get back to Michigan to get this settled. They are obligated to let you do so. Don't be put OOS because of this bs.

Your making drivers look bad with your "screw you all I don't wanna" approach. Just fix it and move on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.