Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Seal Battery

709 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  XXXJ 
#1 ·
Has anyone here opened a so called sealer battery and added water? I have a weak YUASA YTX20LBS, it states it sealed, but it easily opened. When opened is appears to be the same as a simple lead acid battery and low on acid. I need a new one anyway, so I added water and it appears to be taking a trickle charge ( I haven't left it alone on the charger). Wondering if anyone has had sucess with this. I bought this sled used, I rarely have a battery issues because I keep them full, charged, and stored off season.

I hate to relace it if it's only low and in need of a charge. The cell cover looks like a great improvement for the manufacturing process.

75 bucks for a new one at Walmart.

Thanks

AWK

#3 ·
I use distilled, same as I do for all my deep cycles, ATV, Motorcycle. I just replaced a battery on a 1994 ATV. I take care of batteries. Clean and store them in off seasons, and pull scheduled maintance on them. I have space in garage set-up just for batteries. This is my first "sealed" battery, other than for may cars.

AWK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.