Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Trailer for sale or trade. 20 ft. flatbed + dovetail *EDITED FOR THEFT*

7K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  xj_man_646 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: Trailer has been stolen from Hudson, WI. If spotted, email jmpidgeo@yahoo.com or call 7|5-78|-542|

I am wanting to sell or trade my trailer. Its a 15 month old Road Warrior I purchased from Johnson Trailer in Colfax, WI brand new, built to my specs. Reason for selling is that I just don't need this large of a trailer. I will consider partial/full trade (depending on condition) for another car hauler: Must be 16' + dovetail, dual axle brakes, 7,000# rating or higher. Those are bare minimum requirements. Alright, onto my trailer

Specifications - Car Hauler, Wood Floor
Weight Rating: 7,000 LBS. GVWR w/evenly distributed load
Length: 102" X 20' w/dovetail
Axle:2-3,500# electric brake, w/ez-lube, safety breakaway w/charger
Suspension: 4 leaf double eye springs
Tires & Wheels: ST205/75 D15 load range C tires, 5x5 bolt pattern silver mod wheels
Fenders: 1/8" pre-formed treadplate steel drive over fenders and 10 ga. fender backs with heavy duty fender bracing
Hitch: 2 5/16" 7,000# Bulldog w/safety chains
Jack: 2,000# setback, topwind
Structural: 5" channel frame and tongue, running board steps, 3" channel crossmembers (24" centers)
Tie Downs: 14 stake pockets, 2 X 2 tubing bump bar
Ramps: 2X2 tubing (5'long X 18" wide), slides in from rear
Electrical: All required lighting, license bracket w/light, sealed factory wiring harness w/7 way connector
Floor: 2X8 treated yellow pine decking
Paint: Valspar primed & painted with 2 color pinstriping
Aluminum tongue mounted toolbox.

I'd like to see $2600 or OBO for the trailer. New price, before tax was $3100, and it MIGHT have 1500 miles on it. Everything is in perfect working order, with only slight imprefections in the finish. Typical wear and tear only (paint chips/scuffs from chains sliding, paint wearing off on the heavily weather pounded areas, etc.)

Here are some pictures for now, I can get more upon request.

Trailer is located near Peoria, IL for the summer. Delivery can be negotiated.

See less See more
#13 ·
Yeah, I didn't see the need for the extra weight of the trailer. Nothing I have weighs ~8000 lbs.
FWIW and IMHO that is a suggested load limit. I know what people say about load limits and trailers but lets stop and think about it for a second...

I know that most people have hauled more than 1000lbs in a 1/2 ton truck, hell I have hauled almost 3000 lbs in a half ton truck, and a 3/4 ton truck.

I have a 20 ft car hauler that is 5 lug axles and I have hauled my 8000lb cummins on it just fine.

If you are cautious and aware that you are hauling a heavy load, you will be fine. Just have trailer brakes and controller and it will be good.

I have even hauled 8000lbs on a trailer rated for 6K with no trailer brakes. Yes I know its not the safest, but when in a pinch and you have no other choice it can be done.

I guess what I am saying is that unless you are going to push the weight limits of the trailer to the extreme (4,5,6K over) that you should be fine.

#4 · (Edited)
Bump for ya..... that is actually called a beaver tail instead of a dove tail...

edit: Never mind, I guess it is called either name.

#10 ·
It's in Houghton in the UP, but he's leaving tomorrow at noon to head to my place. If your dad is seriously interested and acts fast then maybe he'll bring it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.