Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Lets See Your Tow Rig

391K views 1K replies 419 participants last post by  SHARPMACHINE 
#1 · (Edited)

2001 Super Duty 7.3 My DD and Toy Hauler 135,000 mi.

See less See more
#572 ·
Brought this one home today...

2011 F-150 Fx4 with the ecoboost twin turbo v6, 4.10 rear end with the E-locker, HD tow package and luxury package.

33" Toyo MT's and 20" XD Monsters should be on Friday afternoon.

This truck is unreal...I went from a 2010 F150 Lariat with the 5.4 v8 to this one, and there is no comparison. Ford really went above and beyond with the '11 models...the interior is like a luxury car. The engine is just insane, hard to believe it is a v6. From a stop, you can't stand on the throttle...it will spin the tires and the traction control kills it. If you turn that off, it will roast them through first and chirp into second...

It should do a much better job pulling than my old F150 did (that had 3.55 gears, no HD tow package, and the 5.4). I can't wait to hook up a trailer and see how it handles it.

#577 ·
actually the title doesnt say the miles and neither did the old one. But they told me the whole story. Im gonna try and look up the history on the truck and if a dealer did the cluster hopfully it will say what the miles where.. Either way the miles to me are that big of a deal.. I dont ever plan on selling it. Im in the works of a new motor and trying to find a d60 front to rebuild and do a sas.. was looking into a cummins swap but who knows.

#578 ·
I dont know why, but the last five cars I have registered and applied for a title , I have never had to say the mileage.. When I bought my ZR2 from my dads dealership the miles where on the title though.

#608 ·
Looks like I'm joining the Excursion club...

Picked it up yesterday and couldn't be happier. 2003 Eddie Bauer Edition with the V10. I guess I could be happier if it were the 7.3 but for the price I'm not complaining. Just need to find a trailer and finish the Jeep now.

#614 ·
i have the same truck and love it. you have the 4.30 gears in yours?